Quick AG by United Plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...is this a joke?
Although it looks easy, mixing acoustic guitar, ukulele or mandolin is a very hard job. So many things can go wrong. That's why we created Quick AG - the shortcut to the perfect and natural acoustic instruments sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKogL40Z-jI
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Joke or not, it's pretty cool though.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

El°HYM wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:59 am ...is this a joke?
It is, just like the whole plugin business.

El°HYM wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:59 am ...is this a joke?
Why on earth would you think that? If you ask this question I assume you never work with (real recordings of) the Instruments it has been developed for. And then it just totally isn't for you. It's basically like a bald guy asking if hairspray is a joke... :shrug:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Unfortunately this is true, as I am mostly recording Air.

Well, mixing acoustic instruments can be really hard, especially if played and recorded by someone like me...

Also very true. I actually once had to mix a Guitar - player in a Live situation, that Dude was blind, so he couldnt tell where the Mics exactly are & also moving around, away from them the whole Gig. That situation was kind of meant for disaster, as I couldnt really figure out a setting that would work... so I decided to 'ride' the faders while & with his Play, until we somehow connected & which made a fine performance. He just came to me after the show & respectfully shook my hand, which was a cool gesture. :phones:

Funny the united plugins crew now inbreeds to create new "brands" :oops: but at least they kept the melda style of selling - discount, discount, discount. The sound examples on their website are not that convincing, especially as the effected version introduce artefacts.

El°HYM wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:39 pm Also very true. I actually once had to mix a Guitar - player in a Live situation, that Dude was blind, so he couldnt tell where the Mics exactly are & also moving around, away from them the whole Gig. That situation was kind of meant for disaster, as I couldnt really figure out a setting that would work... so I decided to 'ride' the faders while & with his Play, until we somehow connected & which made a fine performance. He just came to me after the show & respectfully shook my hand, which was a cool gesture. :phones:
Acoustic guitar is rather simple to record in comparison with things like uke, mandoline, autoharp and what not - and still it can be quite hard to mix, especially in combination with electric instruments if they're recorded in an untreated room, as most of us here probably do most of the time... a mandoline can require a lot of effort under the same circumstances.

sometimes having some experience but not enough to see the full picture can make you presumptous.

I don't trust Melda very much, but the idea behind the plugin is certainly applaudable.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Melda actually does have some very useful tools, too.

El°HYM wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:45 pm Melda actually does have some very useful tools, too.
Depends on who you ask.

Anyways back to topic: the with all knobs turned off the eq boosts the signal by 6dB, the eq didn't work for my guitar recording (that's the problem having it "automatic" and predefined), the transient control creates artefacts and pumping, reverb didn't catch me and the max amount of 40% is was too little when working with short room or plate. Don't know I also found the UI to be fairly clutteted. Not my coup of tea.

I tried this and it isn't doing anything better than included plugs in most DAWs. Your $$ would be better spent elsewhere.

IMO if we're talking overly specific plug in designed around a specific source, I feel like Audified's ToneSpot series basically murders this, and just about the only bad thing about ToneSpot is that the GUI is frickin tiny and cluttered even with maximum size. Otherwise, it has all of the strengths of Quick AG (tailored to a specific source and with predefined starting points for everything) but without the weaknesses, and it has more features. If you're interested in this plug-in, I suggest checking out ToneSpot as well.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

i like it
its handy

Sounds good, saves time, handy presets that do the job.

Return to “Effects”