VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

@TekSonic ... I really like that one :tu:

There is a new 2.1 Nightly Build.

What's new
  • Settings.xml changed to Skin.xml to avoid conflicts with OB-Xd 1.x.
  • 2.1 now compatible with 2.0 format in Logic (AU).
  • Fixed AU issue with OSC MIX 1/2 setting to 0 on project recall.
  • Updated MIDI CC OSC1MIX and OSX2MIX to 77 and 78 to avoid conflicts in Logic Pro X.
https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/
Last edited by discoDSP on Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Having tried both v2 (hard crash) and the nightly build (works), if I open a project that used the previous (1.5) version of OB-Xd, my DAW claims that the plugin is not installed. So I guess v2.x has a new ID but overwrites the old version? (Using AU in Logic 10.5.1).

2.0 has a new ID and doesn't overwrite the old version. Don't use Nightly in production systems by the way :)

There is a new 2.1 Nightly Build.

What's new
  • 2.1 now compatible with 2.0 format in Logic (AU).
  • Fixed AU issue with OSC MIX 1/2 setting to 0 on project recall.
  • Updated MIDI CC OSC1MIX and OSX2MIX to 77 and 78 to avoid conflicts in Logic Pro X.
https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/

discoDSP wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:10 pm 2.0 has a new ID and doesn't overwrite the old version. Don't use Nightly in production systems by the way :)
It's definitely overwriting the OB-Xd.component file. I tested this by removing all trace of OBXD from my drive, then installing v1.5 and loading a project in Logic that used it. This worked fine. Then I ran the latest 2.1 installer and loaded the project again, which then said that OB-Xd was missing. I checked in the components folder and there was only one copy of the plugin, as far as I could tell.

OB-Xd.component is for 2.x.
Obxd.component is for 1.x.

There shouldn't be any overwriting.

discoDSP wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:40 pm
Thanks for this :tu:

viewtopic.php?p=7758036#p7758036

discoDSP wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:20 pm OB-Xd.component is for 2.x.
Obxd.component is for 1.x.

There shouldn't be any overwriting.
When I have 1.5 installed and then run the 2.x installer, it has the option 'Upgrade' rather than 'Install', so I think the installer is recognising the old version and uninstalling it, despite having a different name for the component.

Very strange. 1.x installer is using PackageMaker and 2.x WhiteBox Packages. Will investigate.

Hello, I would ask why the beautiful Totolitoto's 'Classic Blue Light Skin? doesn't in the 2.0/2.1 installer for Mac. Too bad. :ud:
Would you recreate that skin please? There a way to get it back? :help:

Many thanks :tu:

Totolitoto didn't updated his skin for 2.x but it may be be brought to 2.x with some tweaks. You can use the Classic Skin as reference for that.

Program changes...Just started messing w OBXd stand alone app. Is there any way to use midi program changes to call up presets in the traditional way? I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, so it could be staring me in the face. Help me, Spock

Not yet.

I tried but I've got this horrible things... :D
Can you make better and upload for us? :tu:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by martinique on Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”