MegaHertz - High Resolution Semi-Modular Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MegaHertz is a Semi-Modular Synthesizer created by Exonic UK.
Link: https://www.exonicuk.com/product-page/megahertz-1

JAVAS - just another virtual analog synthesizer? Again???

Gotta love that textured background. I felt like 1992 all over again.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

129$ for something that looks worse than freebies?
ambitious

Just tried the demo... Was actually very impressed by the sound quality. Not sure I'd pay $129 for it, but its sound is top-notch.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:06 am Just tried the demo... Was actually very impressed by the sound quality. Not sure I'd pay $129 for it, but its sound is top-notch.
In today’s competitive market, you’ll have to come up with something pretty amazing to ask for $129. I don’t begrudge anyone a living, but I’ve seen some pretty impressive instruments sell for $50-100. For an unknown developer, I’d maybe price this at $49 for an early-bird special and then boost it up to $99 at some point a few months away, when people were talking about it and it had gained a foothold of users.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:55 am
JerGoertz wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:06 am Just tried the demo... Was actually very impressed by the sound quality. Not sure I'd pay $129 for it, but its sound is top-notch.
In today’s competitive market, you’ll have to come up with something pretty amazing to ask for $129. I don’t begrudge anyone a living, but I’ve seen some pretty impressive instruments sell for $50-100. For an unknown developer, I’d maybe price this at $49 for an early-bird special and then boost it up to $99 at some point a few months away, when people were talking about it and it had gained a foothold of users.
Yeah, I would go for that. Makes more sense to me, but I haven't analyzed the market or anything.

Maybe not a very fair, as I haven't even tried the demo, but both the designs of website and VST look very unloving. Also, theres no promo stuff like Videos or sound demos. I can't find anything on YT. With this first impression, how do they expect me to drop 130$?

\edit , they have sound demos on their website, scroll down
Last edited by Seelachsfilet on Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

The GUI looks like old AAS stuff (Tassman, Ultra Analog). Not great, not terrible :)

The audio demos do sound impressive, tired old VA stuff at first glance, but some great sound character in there.

Gotta demo it when I have time.
Seelachsfilet wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:46 am theres no promo stuff like Videos or sound demos.
Didn't find any video demos but there are some audio examples on their page.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:20 am
Yeah, I would go for that. Makes more sense to me, but I haven't analyzed the market or anything.
If you're patient enough you can get TAL-Mod for 36$ on black friday (standard price 60$). And that's one hell of a VA (my favorite one). Just to put some perspective about pricing.

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:48 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:20 am
If you're patient enough you can get TAL-Mod for 36$ on black friday (standard price 60$). And that's one hell of a VA (my favorite one). Just to put some perspective about pricing.
Oh, definitely. I have and love TAL-Mod. In fact, initial impressions are that Megahertz reminds me of TAL-Mod quite a bit, as far as sound quality and overall design go.

Yeah, Tal Mod immediately sprung to my mind too. I have it and use a lot, so getting another plugin with essentially the same features would be hard to justify. But the sound demos seem to show somewhat different sound character, fatter and more in-your-face sound.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:02 pm Yeah, Tal Mod immediately sprung to my mind too. I have it and use a lot, so getting another plugin with essentially the same features would be hard to justify. But the sound demos seem to show somewhat different sound character, fatter and more in-your-face sound.
Agree with you about the sound character.

Also want to note, the installer is very small by today's standards (something like 4 MB) and CPU usage is quite reasonable for what's on offer.

Now if only we could convince the dev to lower his price. :lol:

recursive one wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:02 pm Yeah, Tal Mod immediately sprung to my mind too. I have it and use a lot, so getting another plugin with essentially the same features would be hard to justify. But the sound demos seem to show somewhat different sound character, fatter and more in-your-face sound.
maybe he got that Musictrack guy from youtube to produce his demos
because every thing he demos sounds incredible. even NEON. :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”