Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

Second best news of the week for me. Cant wait to try this.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

So the Mac version tries to uninstall 1.1 but not fully successful, but seems to open projects done with Spire 1.1 fine with 1.5.

On PC you get to keep both. Older projects will open with 1.1 unless you remove it when it seems to open with 1.5 (but re-creating presets in a Older Projects/Cubendoxxxxxx folders.

Anyone having any different experience?

I also hope it will get optimized.
Same patch, all triggered same time with the same midi info.... it uses more cpu than either 1.1 or the original.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Yep now have a Spire 1.1 and a Spire 1.5 to choose from in Studio One, I guess I'll just keep 1.1 for older projects for simplicity it's not like I'm going to be needing to change the presets on them, just need to remember to start using 1.5 from now on

Some presets tend to use so much high CPU than previous version, like 40% more :\

CPU usage is really high indeed... I wonder what's the reason for it.

Now who's going to write a program to sort out all those old preset banks into the proper folders?

Now that I'm looking at it, I'm half tempted to write such a program myself. Then I might also put all the presets into one massive folder. If you want a bass, you can just type "ba" in the search box and all the "BA" prefix presets will be listed first. But that would allow you to search all presets, not just one instrument type. hmmm....

Thanks to Reveal Sound for the SPIRE 1.5 Update !

Now it can be better organized, and managed.

Fantastic update - the new browser system is just great!

Can I make a small request? Would it be possible to list all of the presets of all of the subfolders, when clicking on a parent folder. So, say, if we click on the Factory Sounds folder, it lists all of the factory presets?

On Cubase PC here, you can only have one version loaded in Cubase. Interestingly, the installer doesn't sort this out, so it's ideal to uninstall 1.1 before installing 1.5 if you are a Cubase user.

Q&D substitute fix for searching the subfolders: Make a new folder and copy all the presets into it together. Then when you want to search by name you can hit that folder instead of the subs. Just a thought.

I can confirm that CPU usage is significantly higher in Spire 1.5, almost feels like an optimization (e.g. SSE2) was forgotten during compilation. Even just a simple sawtooth playing 16 voices takes around 2x the CPU of 1.1 here, so it's not specific to filter or similar, it's literally every part of the synth that's consuming more it seems.

fgimian wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:38 am ...almost feels like an optimization (e.g. SSE2) was forgotten during compilation...
I was thinking the same but only they know. I hope they fix it soon, because with this CPU usage it's unusable in larger projects.

anoise wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:59 am
fgimian wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:38 am ...almost feels like an optimization (e.g. SSE2) was forgotten during compilation...
I was thinking the same but only they know. I hope they fix it soon, because with this CPU usage it's unusable in larger projects.
Absolutely! :)

Nice! Thank you Reveal-Sound.

However, I'm a little confused.

I created a folder for my custom presets which I have saved from previous version in .spf format. When I use Import to bring my presets into the new folder, they are all named "init".

Why does it not use the filename they are saved with? Bug?

Furthermore, if I rename them, they still show "init" as the name of the currently loaded preset.

And if I select Rescan, it renames all my imported custom presets back to "init".

What am I missing?

Return to “Instruments”