Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

Great, the long awaited preset browser!
Factory banks from previous versions are in the user library (factory & factory 2)? So it seems they changed also something under the hood...

Pretty much unusable for me because of CPU issues.

Most of the presets are too loud. They are going over +5,6 over 0 in Logic. Either there should be a global volume knob or all these presets should be lower in volume in an update.
This is actually the problem of most soft synths.

Torchlight wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:11 am Pretty much unusable for me because of CPU issues.
Yeah, I really wonder what's happened there, as all of the listed features in the changelog don't hint on anything regarding DSP.

It might be just me, but, Spire actually seems to sound a bit different now. Maybe I'm tripping.

When I press Download their site says
Reveal Sound wrote: Please note!
Version 1.5.0 brings major changes to Spire
Backup all projects before the update
What do they mean? Did anyone try to run old projects after having updated Spire?

I gather the update is only the browser and some minor stability fixes so I don't see how it could affect old projects
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:51 pm When I press Download their site says
Reveal Sound wrote: Please note!
Version 1.5.0 brings major changes to Spire
Backup all projects before the update
What do they mean? Did anyone try to run old projects after having updated Spire?

I gather the update is only the browser and some minor stability fixes so I don't see how it could affect old projects
This is based on part of my own experience, part of what I have read and part guessing.

on mac, 1.5 replaces 1.1, literally it tries to uninstall 1.1 (not fully successfully). So if you open an old project it will replace 1.1 instances with 1.5.... I imagine if you notice the higher cpu issues or any other issues and have saved project since installing 1.5, remove 1.5 and go back to 1.1, the project may have issues, saying it was saved using a later version of Spire.

on pc, for me they work side by side, someone on reveal's facebook says it doesn't for him, but I imagine if it doesn't for you and your old projects open with 1.5, you will end up with the same scenario as the mac above.

My educated guess.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks!
zvenx wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:55 pm I imagine if you notice the higher cpu issues or any other issues
What are the "other issues", did you have any?

I'm on PC btw, and have few current projects with Spire in there. Also I have quite a few of my own presets saved in Studio One preset manager (not within Spire), I wonder what will happen to them if 1.5 replaces 1.1. here (if it doesn't I guess I'll still be able to use them in 1.1.)

recursive one wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:01 pm Thanks!
zvenx wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:55 pm I imagine if you notice the higher cpu issues or any other issues
What are the "other issues", did you have any?

I'm on PC btw, and have few current projects with Spire in there. Also I have quite a few of my own presets saved in Studio One preset manager (not within Spire), I wonder what will happen to them if 1.5 replaces 1.1. here (if it doesn't I guess I'll still be able to use them in 1.1.)
my issue has been the much higher cpu.
Haven't had other issues that I have noticed so far. But like every piece of software, worse yet a new update, it is never bug free.

Yeah... on my pc, but Nuendo and Studio one saw both 1.1 and 1.5.

rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks, fair enough.

I think I won't update for the time being, not much of a preset user so i don't care much about that browser.

Fair enough, but you can always try it then revert back to 1.1 if you have issues with your presets etc.
rsp
sound sculptist

chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:46 am
Torchlight wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:11 am Pretty much unusable for me because of CPU issues.
Yeah, I really wonder what's happened there, as all of the listed features in the changelog don't hint on anything regarding DSP.

It might be just me, but, Spire actually seems to sound a bit different now. Maybe I'm tripping.
Yeah, there's some difference in the sound too. The patches seem more precise somehow. Is it just volume?

chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:46 am It might be just me, but, Spire actually seems to sound a bit different now. Maybe I'm tripping.
I noticed that too. Looks like they changed the EQ curves smoother. Also the init preset starting values are different.

Going to put it to the test on my PC which still allows me both.
Any Factory Presets in particular you guys are noticing this?
rsp
sound sculptist

Glad it isn't just me. :lol:

They really should mention stuff like that in the changelog.

zvenx wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:26 pm Going to put it to the test on my PC which still allows me both.
Any Factory Presets in particular you guys are noticing this?
rsp
I was just playing my own.

Return to “Instruments”