MegaHertz - High Resolution Semi-Modular Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It does sound pretty great ,imho talmod filters sound way better , in megahertz the resonance peak is a bit tame
But , a demo with a 10s sec noise interrupt WTF ...I don't get it
With all that being said , it doesn't bring anything to the table that Talmod doesn't offer , the latter has a better implemented mod.system , lower cpu footprint , clear vector guis and a democratic price .
Note to developer , you should hire a graphic artist , the gui of your other plugins , esp. punch is just bad .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Congrats for the programmer to leave Waves but for the price tag it needs more WUP! :P

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:21 pm It does sound pretty great ,imho talmod filters sound way better , in megahertz the resonance peak is a bit tame
But , a demo with a 10s sec noise interrupt WTF ...I don't get it
With all that being said , it doesn't bring anything to the table that Talmod doesn't offer , the latter has a better implemented mod.system , lower cpu footprint , clear vector guis and a democratic price .
Note to developer , you should hire a graphic artist , the gui of your other plugins , esp. punch is just bad .
+1
Best
YY

Downloaded

Hell, it sounds really very good! Some real punch and body in the sound.

Whoever made the presets seems to love psytrance and classic trance, some amazing sounds in there :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Yeah,the sound quality is pretty up there but the filters are nothing special.the envelopes sound really good in this thing as well.audiorate modulation sounds spot on.bit janky with the filter fm but i think that's more to do with the filter design itself than any shortcomings for the synth.i would of grabbed it but for 129 it doesn't offer much.hopefully it goes on sale and perhaps somewhere down the line(though i doubt it)they consider a better filter model
I

I still think TAL-Mod sounds just plain better. There's no other soft synth I know that has so much weight and "solidity" to its sound. Perhaps Megahertz may sit well in the background. I disagree this is an "in-your-face" synth.

Seelachsfilet wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:46 am Maybe not a very fair, as I haven't even tried the demo, but both the designs of website and VST look very unloving. Also, theres no promo stuff like Videos or sound demos. I can't find anything on YT. With this first impression, how do they expect me to drop 130$?

try the demo version? :dog:

Sinisterbr wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:09 pm I still think TAL-Mod sounds just plain better. There's no other soft synth I know that has so much weight and "solidity" to its sound. Perhaps Megahertz may sit well in the background. I disagree this is an "in-your-face" synth.
Tal Mod is one of my most used VAs, I agree that it sounds amazing. But i marginally prefer the sound of Megahertz, there's something in there that makes me feel right at home, i'm a fan of oldschool trance/psy/goa and Megahertz has just the right sound, very authentic. It's one incredibly punchy sounding synth, that's something not often found in software.

It's too basic for the price tho. I'd grab it for something like Eur 50 in a heartbeat.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:02 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:09 pm I still think TAL-Mod sounds just plain better. There's no other soft synth I know that has so much weight and "solidity" to its sound. Perhaps Megahertz may sit well in the background. I disagree this is an "in-your-face" synth.
Tal Mod is one of my most used VAs, I agree that it sounds amazing. But i marginally prefer the sound of Megahertz, there's something in there that makes me feel right at home, i'm a fan of oldschool trance/psy/goa and Megahertz has just the right sound, very authentic. It's one incredibly punchy sounding synth, that's something not often found in software.

It's too basic for the price tho. I'd grab it for something like Eur 50 in a heartbeat.
Ah, that makes sense. I'd say I'm more into synthpop :)

Sounds good... But I'm not paying the price tag.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Listened to demos, very good sound.
Just make it with Sylenth1 architecture and yours sound engine inside and you will be the king.

Audio demo sounds are good. Nothing groundbreaking but solid. Somewhat feature poor and in a pretty crowded market segment at $168 US Dollars.

I might be in at $50. Rough global economic times to be releasing a new plugin. I wish them well.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

129 Pound sterling is trading around $168 /142 Euro right now. That's RePro territory. This isn't it.

Oscillators sound great. Filter leaves some to be desired. FX are pretty decent. Audiorate modulation is awesome. Eats a lot of CPU even when idle.

Also seems to be made with Flowstone? CPU hunger is less forgivable in that case.

GUI is not bad. Mode selection knob movement direction is inconsistent with rotary knobs though.

Flowstone?
Nah because they have AU/mac

Misspoke, SynthEdit, there are a bunch of .sem files in the Windows install.

Return to “Instruments”