Is there any Sampler out there like this??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really like to have intense control over the volume shape of my drums...

The most perfect way I´ve seen so far are the amplitude envelopes of Kick 2...

Is there any Sampler aut there having MSEG´s directly over the waveform reflecting changes in the waveform visually like Kick 2 does???

Best way so far I found was either abusing Kick 2 as drum sampler or to work directly in the timeline with fades and clip gain envelopes... looking for a VSTi though... :hyper:

Kontakt has the option to do this, draw in envelopes to control amplitude etc in the sample edit section but not sure if there's one to affect pitch.

If all else fails you can assign global pitch to an editable envelope

Ah sorry just read what you wrote again, no there is no visual feedback that I'm aware of

Have you tried using an oscilloscope plugin for this kind of feedback?

Xfer Serum can do this, but its a very limited sampler.
PhasePlant can do this too via LFO (custom shapes, works like MSEG)
Image Line Harmor

Other then that i personaly just use Cablguys Volumeshaper (VST fx) over the bassdrums, reverbs, synths ect for over 4 years, works like a charm. You get MSEG over waveform and if you want you can make it multiband, feed it with midi, latest version has compressor.

http://www.cableguys.com/volumeshaper.html

Geist2 is made for drums, it samples and has lots of control for the sounds.

grandmasterbird wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:18 pm Kontakt has the option to do this, draw in envelopes to control amplitude etc in the sample edit ...
Kontakt would be a little bit of an overkill, but thx...
imrae wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:38 pm Have you tried using an oscilloscope plugin for this kind of feedback?
Of course... but at the very end I find it just a workaround... not happy with that...thx...
the.new.me wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:40 pm Xfer Serum can do this, but its a very limited sampler.
PhasePlant can do this too via LFO (custom shapes, works like MSEG)
Image Line Harmor
...Cablguys Volumeshaper...
Got all of these and I mostly use Volume Shaper for this task... I just wanted to search for an all in one solution... thx anyway...
SteveWZ wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:00 am Geist2 is made for drums, it samples and has lots of control for the sounds.
I need this mostly for drums... I am not a big fan of Geists workflow... patterns etc...

I am more keen of a simple lightweighted sampler just as if you would take out one Kick 2´s click engines as a single instrument without anything else if this makes sense... but it seems there isn´t anything like this out there... :cry:
Thx anyway!!

The only way a sampler can interactively show the waveform while you are editing is if it can guarantee in advance what the output will look like. That is incompatible with any kind of non-retriggered time modulation, randomness, velocity layering... So I don't think you can have this in any general-purpose "advanced" sampler.

Groove agent

Renoise Redux

Edit: ignore this, I was wrong :dog:
Last edited by simmo75 on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sitala, but it doesn't have adjustable volume envelopes per se (shape/compression knobs instead).

simmo75 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:36 pm Renoise Redux
Not , not really unless that's a new feature ( been using renoise for 15+ years now ) and haven't come across anything like that .
The envelope isn't even superimpossed over the sample
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:26 pm
simmo75 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:36 pm Renoise Redux
Not , not really unless that's a new feature ( been using renoise for 15+ years now ) and haven't come across anything like that .
The envelope isn't even superimpossed over the sample
Yep, you’re right!
My bad.

Cubase 11 sampler track does this.

The problem with a concept like that is, that usually you have a more or less fixed timing for the envelope, but if you pitch the sample, you change the timing a lot. That means unless you play back the sample at its original speed, it won‘t be correct...

Return to “Instruments”