Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Looks like you're not using the Classic Skin as reference.

martinique wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:06 pm I tried but I've got this horrible things... :D

There should be a skin.xml in the classic skin. Copy that over to your new skin folder.

discoDSP wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:05 pmNot yet.

...I had a hunch...one would think that was a pretty integral feature to have. Really limits its practicality from a live performance perspective. Has anyone else discussed this in the forum? I'm new, and my searching chops aren't up to snuff. Thx

I worked a little on a 'vintage skin' mixing various files and modifying others.
It works perfectly in 2.1 too!

Nostalgic of the 80's? Download it here: https://workupload.com/file/FSL5Uv5H5CP

> discoDSP you could put it in the next plug update if you like... :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by martinique on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Easy on the eyes, clear and logical layout = a good ergonomic tool for working with the synth. Thank you!
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

onerob wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:18 pm
discoDSP wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:10 pm 2.0 has a new ID and doesn't overwrite the old version. Don't use Nightly in production systems by the way :)
It's definitely overwriting the OB-Xd.component file. I tested this by removing all trace of OBXD from my drive, then installing v1.5 and loading a project in Logic that used it. This worked fine. Then I ran the latest 2.1 installer and loaded the project again, which then said that OB-Xd was missing. I checked in the components folder and there was only one copy of the plugin, as far as I could tell.
Can confirm 2.0 overwrites all formats of 1.5 (VST2, VST3, AU) and also gave me an error about not being able to find the Themes folder, then it crashed my DAW (Live 10.1.17)

mustgroove wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:24 pm Can confirm 2.0 overwrites all formats of 1.5 (VST2, VST3, AU) and also gave me an error about not being able to find the Themes folder, then it crashed my DAW (Live 10.1.17)
After some further investigation it looks like the issue may be related to the installer using the same package identifiers. I have compiled a new macOS build for testing at https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/

martinique wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:28 pm I worked a little on a 'vintage skin' mixing various files and modifying others.
It works perfectly in 2.1 too!

Nostalgic of the 80's? Download it here: https://workupload.com/file/FSL5Uv5H5CP
Looks nice. I'd recommend posting at the skins thread too viewtopic.php?f=1&t=471926

main@2x.png seems scaled from 1x and looks blurry by the way.

Edit: updated OB-Xd skins thread link with the right one.
Last edited by discoDSP on Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

At least the hamburger button should be moved to the left so that it doesn't cover the logo like that.

> discoDSP
yes, main@2x.png was scaled from 1x because is the only one I have.
If you prefer I can anyway try to improve and enhance it

> EvilDragon
The hamburger button is not on the skin, I don't know how move it from the plug... :cry:

Edit the coords.xml, it's the line right after "guisize".

(Also I think George suggested to design your skin at 2x then resize down to 1x - it will look better then.)

Do that 1x GUI .png files get used at all? From what I've seen anyway, it seems like the 2x resources get used then downscaled. Which seems to work great. So why have 1x assets in the first place if they don't get used?

I may be wrong on that, but that's I've seen here and I'm not using a 4k display or any Windows scaling options. Is it a Mac thing?

1x is used for Windows and Linux because they don't handle HiDPI as good as macOS. Their resize scaling quality is quite bad to be honest. We will work in getting better HiDPI support for Windows and Linux later on.

But you can for sure detect if Windows display scaling is not 100% and use 2x assets if it's above 150%, say. Works just fine and looks good too.

EDIT: At any rate, my display is at 100% scaling and I think I remember editing the 1x background image and then it didn't work at all when loading OB-Xd, but when I did the same tweak on 2x image it showed up, which indeed leads me to believe it's how Funkybot said - that 2x assets are used even on Windows then downscaled.

I will verify this when I'm back home in the evening.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yes, I think it's a good idea too.

Return to “Instruments”