Epiphany (Feat. Calendargirl) [Synthpop, Pop]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a new track i just finished. A synthpop-y song with vocals by Tamara Barnett-Herrin, better known as calendargirl at ccmixter.org

http://ccmixter.org/artist-spotlight-q- ... endar-girl
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't find any lyrics unfortunally, but i might just write it myself if you are interested.

https://soundcloud.com/halonmusic/sunbe ... lendargirl
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I like the way the drums are mixed down volume wise and yet you can hear them perfectly.

Having said that, the vocals are almost buried at the beginning. They really do need to come up a bit. Either that or EQ'd a little more. After the first break, they're better so I don't know if you just brought the volume up or what. Still needs some work as I think they should stand out more.

Shame that this song hasn't gotten any feedback. I think it could use some love.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:28 pm I like the way the drums are mixed down volume wise and yet you can hear them perfectly.

Having said that, the vocals are almost buried at the beginning. They really do need to come up a bit. Either that or EQ'd a little more. After the first break, they're better so I don't know if you just brought the volume up or what. Still needs some work as I think they should stand out more.

Shame that this song hasn't gotten any feedback. I think it could use some love.
Thank you Steven, really appreciate it. True the vocals are a bit buried at the beginning. Some eqing might help them sit better in the mix. I'll revisit this project and do some proper mixing on the vocals. Btw, sorry for not providing lyrics. I chopped up the vocals a bit and was eager to finish the song. I could always post the lyrics if you are interested. Anyway thanks for the feedback :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

excellent! i really like the silky smooth pads. the vocals work for me, but could come up a tad as wags noted. although they sound fine in the quieter parts. (automate the volume, perhaps?)
anyway, really liked this one too, i'm keeping an eye out for your next one!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:21 pm excellent! i really like the silky smooth pads. the vocals work for me, but could come up a tad as wags noted. although they sound fine in the quieter parts. (automate the volume, perhaps?)
anyway, really liked this one too, i'm keeping an eye out for your next one!
Thank you! I will bring up the volume a bit indeed. Thanks for listening :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”