SONIBLE smart:reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

emulator01 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:24 pm
sguyader wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:19 pm @kidslow I got an email from them with a promo code, which I think only works when you log in with your customer account. Indeed it's confusing, but in the end after I logged in and pasted the coupon code, I paid exactly 40.83 euros.

On my the invoice I have this:

Services Quantity Tax Rate Unit Price Price
smart:reverb (#plu-0009) 1 0% 54,17€ 54,17 €
Subtotal 54,17 €
Discount -13,34 €
Total net 40,83 €
Total 40,83 €

I live in Guadeloupe (French Caribbean) so it's likely that the local taxes make the differences in net total price.
Exact. I have the same net amount and adding the tax of 16% brings me to 47.36€.
Thanks both of you for clarifying my confusion.

kidslow wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:46 pm
emulator01 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:24 pm
sguyader wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:19 pm @kidslow I got an email from them with a promo code, which I think only works when you log in with your customer account. Indeed it's confusing, but in the end after I logged in and pasted the coupon code, I paid exactly 40.83 euros.

On my the invoice I have this:

Services Quantity Tax Rate Unit Price Price
smart:reverb (#plu-0009) 1 0% 54,17€ 54,17 €
Subtotal 54,17 €
Discount -13,34 €
Total net 40,83 €
Total 40,83 €

I live in Guadeloupe (French Caribbean) so it's likely that the local taxes make the differences in net total price.
Exact. I have the same net amount and adding the tax of 16% brings me to 47.36€.
Thanks both of you for clarifying my confusion.
Yes - thanks for the clarification. So it appears the missing piece is an email with the discount voucher. Hopefully their support group can provide that at some point.

i have all their plugins and i played with this plugin about half an hour but it is no instant buy for me yet, not sure why. i dunno on what material i would use it.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

How are you getting on with the clarity control? It appears to be basically a ducker which is fantastic but I haven't been able to find it for a suitable setting of more than 5% before I hear what sounds like a delay of reverb. I like the idea but not the timing so far. Wishing for control of the attack time or shape.

Is reverb time control is related to learn function? Reverb time should have a big impact on the spectral control or perhaps I need to test changing the reverb time then running learn function several times. I don't see this documented as being a factor on calculations.

After short demo, well, it's not reached Adaptiverb grace though hehe, but i found freeze character pretty useful and interesting, combined with Color and some other moments.
Not quite appreciated the work of Infinity so far though (while this mode should been presents the most interest), although its adaptability works flawlessly and noticeable, but there is some misunderstanding of the general change in sound at the time of mode activation (Do it not should going smooth ?). But I hope that this can be dealt with.
In general, for 40+ i definitely would grab, currently at least for the freezes variations (but it's for fan).
And need note low cpu usage.

And also, as a wish, would like to have some more of interesting transformation\control over the frozen print (in addition to color), due to most parameters becoming inactive, what logically though, but newertheless.

c_voltage wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:15 pm After short demo, well, it's not reached Adaptiverb grace though hehe, but i found freeze character pretty useful and interesting, combined with Color and some other moments.
Not quite appreciated the work of Infinity so far though (while this mode should been presents the most interest), although its adaptability works flawlessly and noticeable, but there is some misunderstanding of the general change in sound at the time of mode activation (Do it not should going smooth ?). But I hope that this can be dealt with.
In general, for 40+ i definitely would grab, currently at least for the freezes variations (but it's for fan).
And need note low cpu usage.

And also, as a wish, would like to have some more of interesting transformation\control over the frozen print (in addition to color), due to most parameters becoming inactive, what logically though, but newertheless.
freeze + pitchmap etc
Adaptiverb tho is a real one of a kind great process

I'm not sure what to make of this one. In the experiments I did, it was often unnatural sounding, and not at all suiting the content I put in. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but the AI feature isn't really doing what I was hoping it would do....
Last edited by BerryLaCroix on Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

BerryLaCroix wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:14 am experiments I did, it was often quite metallic sounding, and not at all suiting the content I put in.
even set to max natural and rich ?

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:45 am
BerryLaCroix wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:14 am experiments I did, it was often quite metallic sounding, and not at all suiting the content I put in.
Well if I let it determine the "optimal" reverb, and then I need to go in and change everything, the AI feature is kind of useless, isn't it?

BerryLaCroix wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:21 am
fairlyclose wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:45 am
Well if I let it determine the "optimal" reverb, and then I need to go in and change everything, the AI feature is kind of useless, isn't it?
no I dont see how that follows at all and they dont make that claim in their manual for the reverb. The AI could be seen as a making a preset for a fixed reverb like on zillions of other devices, or the AI might be setting the actual algorithm dynamically according to the input and then you work with that. If you want a preset device - which is fine - and you dont like the sound of this then fine, dont get it. But I dont think of it as just an auto preset maker - I see it as an approximator for a solution. So far it seems pretty good at that to me
Last edited by fairlyclose on Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Useless" = no use. But the AI provides at least a pretty good starting point, and for me that's a good "use".

dbender wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:41 am "Useless" = no use. But the AI provides at least a pretty good starting point, and for me that's a good "use".
Agreed, and that is exactly what sonible are claiming for this product - it gives you a range of solutions or as they put it "creates a navigable range of styles from scratch"

Still not sure I will get it but so far I think it fits that single instrument application it is designed for very well. I'm finding it very quick to use

emulator01 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:14 pm My price was also 54.17 € incl. tax (16%). Adding then voucher of 25% was at the end the total of
47.36€ incl. 16% German tax.
What voucher? I signed up for the pre-release promo code and they said I'd get one on August 10th, but instead it's just an intro price. I'm getting 54.17 € in cart but no voucher to reduce it further like you did.

Not sure what happened.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:33 am
emulator01 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:14 pm My price was also 54.17 € incl. tax (16%). Adding then voucher of 25% was at the end the total of
47.36€ incl. 16% German tax.
What voucher? I signed up for the pre-release promo code and they said I'd get one on August 10th, but instead it's just an intro price. I'm getting 54.17 € in cart but no voucher to reduce it further like you did.

Not sure what happened.
same - I emailed them and should get something in the next few days I imagine

That snake oil guy already made a review. Drawing the reverb tail with a curve seems interesting. I dont have another reverb that can do that. I'm downloading the demo now and do some tests on my own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCa6_p8XpYQ

Return to “Effects”