miRack now free in the mac app store.

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Open source and commercial never was a contradiction, and VCV rack always had a commercial aspect to it. Instead of donations you can buy paid modules. The VST version will be paid and most users will happily do it... But the VST part of the code might not be open source...
As VCV changed the license model, the optimizations of mirack might not be compatible in terms of the license and thus cannot be ported to VCV Rack... Unless the brawlers can find a compromise...

Smapti wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:29 pm Mirack was legal under the previous VCV license but was considered a serious moral violation
One either meets the requirements of a license, or one does not.

'moral violations' exist only in the feverish imaginations of people who assume a license says something it doesn't.

Hey guys, miRack developer here. Happy to answer any technical questions about miRack for iOS/macOS/AU. Would prefer not to talk about the conflict with vcv publicly as forum admins never like this kind of stuff. Feel free to PM me if you have any concerns.
miRack - virtual Eurorack environment for iOS & macOS | mirack.app

mifki wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:16 pm Hey guys, miRack developer here. Happy to answer any technical questions about miRack for iOS/macOS/AU. Would prefer not to talk about the conflict with vcv publicly as forum admins never like this kind of stuff. Feel free to PM me if you have any concerns.
Is there a chance AUv3 will run fine on M1 macs in future. There is this bug that GUI does not work, f.e. you cannot drag and move modules proper.
Might related to most AUv3 also hard crash Logic if you try to scroll anything which seems to blow the GUI and instant crash is the result.
Might be not M1 but also Big Sur?

Cinebient wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:10 pm
mifki wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:16 pm Hey guys, miRack developer here. Happy to answer any technical questions about miRack for iOS/macOS/AU. Would prefer not to talk about the conflict with vcv publicly as forum admins never like this kind of stuff. Feel free to PM me if you have any concerns.
Is there a chance AUv3 will run fine on M1 macs in future. There is this bug that GUI does not work, f.e. you cannot drag and move modules proper.
Might related to most AUv3 also hard crash Logic if you try to scroll anything which seems to blow the GUI and instant crash is the result.
Sure, I’ll look into this. I tried AUv3 on ARM DTK with Big Sur in different DAWs (not many didn’t crash themselves) and I don’t remember having this problem. So you using Logic, right?

mifki wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:59 am
Cinebient wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:10 pm
Sure, I’ll look into this. I tried AUv3 on ARM DTK with Big Sur in different DAWs (not many didn’t crash themselves) and I don’t remember having this problem. So you using Logic, right?
Logic, yes. I also tried to open it in Drambo on the Mac (I know its not optimised for it), same happens there. But all AUv3 seems to suffer from GUI related things nit working or even crashing Logic when you try to do any scrolling.

Cinebient wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:59 pm Logic, yes. I also tried to open it in Drambo on the Mac (I know its not optimised for it), same happens there. But all AUv3 seems to suffer from GUI related things nit working or even crashing Logic when you try to do any scrolling.
I was able to reproduce the issue, but it's not happening all the time for me. For example, closing and reopening AU window normally fixes it. Is it different for you? I'll try to investigate anyway, but yeah not sure whether it's a miRack or OS bug.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”