Grimalkin

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gettin' back to my instrumental kompositional roots with this piano solo:

https://soundcloud.com/user-866903925/grimalkin

Funny, I always hated minimalism ... until I started writing it!

If any pianists out there would like to see a score, let me know.

Some nice heady piano music for a quiet Sunday afternoon. This one starts slow but builds nicely. Love how you slowly add in harmonic voices and rhythmic complexity. Really interesting direction @ 1:30.
I appreciate how stripped down this is. I'd be attempted to slap a delay on that piano and get some weird rhythm going. :-)

I liked it, despite the fact that I really dislike cats. :-)

! ;-) The cat title and picture were afterthoughts. Probably worth renaming.

Stripped down is it, yes. Just seems to be what matters to me these days. It's so easy to add layers and complexity ... so hard to stay streamlined *and* musically interesting.

Thanks for listening and posting. :-)

hey!
hope youre well :)

very nice piece :)
love the way it builds on itself.
although, four totally seperate and different pieces in one, you are spoiling us :P

Greet the vurt! :-) Been a while. Hope all is well with you in that Kingdom across the sea of yours. I'm meh. Not a risk taker so I'm basically housebound with no near end in sight. Cabin fever! World's a mess, hard not to let it get to you, in'nt?

Thanks for listening. Yeah I guess I haven't quite gotten 'minimalism' in terms of compositional ideas, staying with one long time makes me nervous, probably all those years listening to atonal music that often changes from bar to bar!

Return to “Music Cafe”