First backing track (cha cha)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/peacock-birb/cha ... ar-sax-etc
Made a backing track for guitar, sax, etc.
reminder if you use it, credit Peacock Productions for the backing track.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

You know, there is actually a market for this where you can make some serious money creating backing tracks. You might want to seriously consider doing it since you enjoy doing this stuff so much. Trust me, there is a whole world of people looking for backing tracks to either put vocals or melodies to.

Give it some thought.

However, it will need to be EQ'd so that it's brighter. This one is kind of dull. I don't hear a lot of highs or high mids. Try taking SPAN to it and see what the frequency response looks like. Or make it downloadable and I'll check it myself for you and let you know what needs to be brightened.

Yeah, that’s why I use MIDI files to make music. I plan on using the MIDIs I have to make backing tracks of different songs.

This was done from scratch in the piano roll though.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:22 pm Yeah, that’s why I use MIDI files to make music. I plan on using the MIDIs I have to make backing tracks of different songs.

This was done from scratch in the piano roll though.
Is there any EQ on the tracks?

yep, lacks mids and high mids... the highs are kinda there though.
here is your complimentary Spec analysis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:03 pm yep, lacks mids and high mids... the highs are kinda there though.
My ears are finally starting to hear this stuff.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:56 am
layzer wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:03 pm yep, lacks mids and high mids... the highs are kinda there though.
My ears are finally starting to hear this stuff.
a track with this frequency spectrum is usually the result of (a) a inaccurately
calibrated monitoring setup. or (b) inexpensive headphones with weak
low and high end response. because the producer hears mostly mids in the
mix they tend to over emphasize the lows and highs on the recorded music. :borg:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Whenever I EQ, I end up messing it up by putting too little high and lows and too much mids,
I guess it’s why I try to have a mix of EQing.

Music Bird wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:12 pm Whenever I EQ, I end up messing it up by putting too little high and lows and too much mids,
I guess it’s why I try to have a mix of EQing.
That's why spectral analyzers are your friend. Just use them to look and see where you're too much or too little and adjust accordingly. As bad as my ears are, I'd be lost without them.

Return to “Music Cafe”