Timeless, irreplaceable plugins and bundles that really worth it.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You can delete the relevant files then use NI Uninstall Regtool for the Windows registry stuff.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:42 am You can delete the relevant files then use NI Uninstall Regtool for the Windows registry stuff.
Is there something similar for Mac do you know? It's always a faff removing the relevant files from several different subfolders - that goes for all plug-ins. Probably Apple has made this deliberately difficult because they couldn't actually care less about day to day functionality at any level of detail

yellowmix wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:42 am You can delete the relevant files then use NI Uninstall Regtool for the Windows registry stuff.
I'm a Mackie :cry:

Macs do not have anything like the Windows Registry as far as I know. It's fully file-system based from what I recall. Which makes it easier to deal with, IMO.

Native Instruments has an article detailing all the locations and what is contained within them: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... c-Computer

yellowmix wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:09 pm Macs do not have anything like the Windows Registry as far as I know. It's fully file-system based from what I recall. Which makes it easier to deal with, IMO.

Native Instruments has an article detailing all the locations and what is contained within them: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... c-Computer
Yes, I've already have a screenshot in my files of that article.
Helpful.
But it would be easier if they integrate this manual work of deleting into their Native Access tool.

Doesn't exist for Windows either. Deleting has to be done manually. The tool I described is specifically for the crap it leaves in the Windows registry.

If you're not familiar with what that is, it's basically a database for Windows that holds a lot of important, low-level information as well as higher-level info like what NI libraries you've installed. So users generally should not be mucking around in it unless they really know what they are doing.

But I agree, Native Access should be doing it.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:16 pm Doesn't exist for Windows either. Deleting has to be done manually. The tool I described is specifically for the crap it leaves in the Windows registry.

If you're not familiar with what that is, it's basically a database for Windows that holds a lot of important, low-level information as well as higher-level info like what NI libraries you've installed. So users generally should not be mucking around in it unless they really know what they are doing.

Given NI's general slickness e.g. license transfers I've a feeling it's something they would do if they could. But those plug-in files are in protected folders (Mac) so that's probably why. The functionality has not been thought/cared about like much of Apple output in the last 10 years. Like itunes absurd search function and then scrapping itunes completely despite other programs using its database e.g Serato. No thought to users other than to get them to keep buying.

leeleema wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:34 pm
yellowmix wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:16 pm Doesn't exist for Windows either. Deleting has to be done manually. The tool I described is specifically for the crap it leaves in the Windows registry.

Given NI's general slickness e.g. license transfers I've a feeling it's something they would do if they could. But those plug-in files are in protected folders (Mac) so that's probably why. The functionality has not been thought/cared about like much of Apple output in the last 10 years. Like itunes absurd search function and then scrapping itunes completely despite other programs using its database e.g Serato. No thought to users other than to get them to keep buying.
This is practically Qanon-level delusional. The .plist files in which NA stores the serial number and DRM go into one of the Preferences folders, which do not have much in the way of any special protection. Trashing preference files is one of the most common ways to fix an aberrant application because applications always have access to their preference files. This has not changed.

Whatever reason NI has for not having NA being able to uninstall libraries and trash these files has naff all to do with Apple or your weird beliefs about it.

Quadrafuzz, OTT

I think there are no irreplaceable plugins. Anything can be replaced with something somewhat similar, surely not a 100% copy.
That said I would not like to miss the FabFilter total bundle or the Zynaptiq plugins. First are the goto clean & versatile plugins, and the latter ones with their outside the box thinking are highly innovative. Another bundle is the toneboosters bundle which is hardly beatable with regards to price-performance.

If you are homeless Cakewalk and Synth1 will be first and last you need :)

Soundplex wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:23 pm I think there are no irreplaceable plugins. Anything can be replaced with something somewhat similar, surely not a 100% copy.
Agree with this 100%

[Delete]
Last edited by ijiwaru on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:42 pm
leeleema wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:34 pm

This is practically Qanon-level delusional. The .plist files in which NA stores the serial number and DRM go into one of the Preferences folders, which do not have much in the way of any special protection. Trashing preference files is one of the most common ways to fix an aberrant application because applications always have access to their preference files. This has not changed.

Whatever reason NI has for not having NA being able to uninstall libraries and trash these files has naff all to do with Apple or your weird beliefs about it.
Here we go. Some of the files that need to be deleted when you remove plug-ins are in protected folders i.e. you have to fingerprint/enter password to confirm trashing them. "Qanon-level delusional" and "weird beliefs" are a bit strong mate. Especially when you've missed the point and gone straight into a keyboard warrior attack.

leeleema wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:12 pm Here we go. Some of the files that need to be deleted when you remove plug-ins are in protected folders i.e. you have to fingerprint/enter password to confirm trashing them.
You mean the same password you enter when Native Access makes any changes? That one?

How are you installing plug-ins in the first place without giving the installer permission to write to /Library or ~/Library locations?

Return to “Effects”