Opinions on TB-303 Emulators (VST)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
apologies for opening a new thread on a topic that was probably discussed here before, I did use the search button however didn't find what I was looking for.

Im looking for VST that reproduces TB-303 sound in most precise way, closest as possible to the original.
Note that have only limited experience with an original hardware.

At the moment, I have my eyes on the following:

D16 Group - PHOSCYON
AudioRealism Bass Line 3
Rolandcloud TB-303

I know that Roland make sense, however Im not a fan of their subscription model, and the standalone synth is a bit pricey to my humble needs ($149).

Thank you all, and best of health to you and yours.
Kirill

i really liked phoscyon for my tb303 needs. ok, still like it, but after getting a tb-03 it didn't get much use. now i also have the td-3 by behringer and i must say i'm 10 times faster with programming sequences compared to phoscyon (mouse-clicking). i'm even faster then with the tb-03 (somehow the sequencer works a little different). the sound on both (and also phoscyon) is really good for bass and acid-duties. never used a real one though. so maybe also take the td-3 into account. it's not much more expansive ;)

khaosgott wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:22 pm Hi all,
apologies for opening a new thread on a topic that was probably discussed here before, I did use the search button however didn't find what I was looking for.

Im looking for VST that reproduces TB-303 sound in most precise way, closest as possible to the original.
Note that have only limited experience with an original hardware.

At the moment, I have my eyes on the following:

D16 Group - PHOSCYON
AudioRealism Bass Line 3
Rolandcloud TB-303

I know that Roland make sense, however Im not a fan of their subscription model, and the standalone synth is a bit pricey to my humble needs ($149).

Thank you all, and best of health to you and yours.
Kirill

Old thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=530750

here's a thread for you
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=530750
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

khaosgott wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:22 pm Im looking for VST that reproduces TB-303 sound in most precise way, closest as possible to the original.
winner = AudioRealism Bass Line 3

accept no substitutes

I didn't know the Behringer clone was that cheap... well, kind of a no brainer now, isn't it. :) Why go with software when you can get a analog hardware clone for pretty much the same price.

chk071 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:26 pm I didn't know the Behringer clone was that cheap... well, kind of a no brainer now, isn't it. :) Why go with software when you can get a analog hardware clone for pretty much the same price.
total DAW recall is a fairly good reason, especially if you need to change live tweaks...

But yeah, it's pretty much 95% close for pocket money....

I know an artist (one of my absolute favs) that uses original TB303 on stage but AudioRealism VST in their studio when recording. This was 10 years ago though.
Original is quite noisy.. as all old hardware.

ABL3 is the one you want, if you're sure you want it in plugin form. This is one box you really want real knobs for, though. There are lots of MIDI controllers with enough knobs if you feel like mapping it, but the TD-3 is crazy cheap and IMO sounds better than any software version.
Stormchild

Return to “Instruments”