Which synths can do this?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChamomileShark wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:29 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:15 pm
Skupje wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:14 pm I made a synth like this in Reaktor.. It's sort of lacking in finesse but hey it works.
pling.7z
why is it not called "one pling only'?
You know you are wasted.

usually yup :ud:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:33 am In Serum set Env1 to max sustain, Env2 to Osc1, Env3 to Osc2 :shrug:
I tried something like this. Couldn't find a way to set an envelope to an entire oscillator

You need layers. Sylenth1 has these ;), Dune also.

Any FM synth should have separate ADSR for every operator, too.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

You'd have an easier time using any decent patchable synth. What you need is a VCA that you can route your aux envelope(s) to - this would give you an additional gain stage on the signal path of your choosing. (this is why I included those multipliers in my plugin - I was frustrated with this, too!)

Almost all VST synths are going to have a "main envelope" as a final gain stage. This is because you need a way to tell when your voice is done sounding out, especially when dealing with polyphony, and having an envelope at the very end is the easiest way to know just how long your voice will continue to play after note release.

In the case of wanting one soft attack sound with release plus one plucky sound with no release in the same patch. assuming that the main envelope is stuck doing it's job and can't be bypassed, you're going to need at least 2 aux envelopes. Initially, I thought you might be able to get away with one aux plus the main envelope, but a soft attack on the main envelope would negate the pluckiness on the plucky voice, and a plucky decay on the main envelope would ruin the sustain of the soft attack voice.

Since you're handling all the main gain control with the aux envelopes, just set your attack and decay to zero and sustain to 100% on the main envelope. Also, be sure to set the release on the main envelope to a value larger than the release value on the soft attack oscillator's envelope or you'll cut the release short.

korg M1- kalimbas all day
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:24 am korg M1- kalimbas all day
This

jm.schloemer wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:27 am In Pigment's Analog module, all oscillators have separate volume controls. Have you tried modulating those with the envelopes?
This - it works with any of Pigments' oscillators. Just assign an envelope to the volume of the oscillator you want the short decay with.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Each "Output" in Phase Plant gets their own envelope. You can send multiple Generators (of which oscillators are a type) through one output or one Generator through multiple Outputs.

Return to “Instruments”