Gui glitches but audio is fine

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just built a new Ryzen 3950x system. It seems to provide for all intents and purposes limitless power for vst synths and fx. I can literally run 100+ decently heavy plugins at 128 buffer and still have less than 50% CPU in both Cakewalk (by bandlab) and FL studio 20. I can't even make this computer have an audio glitch until I go to 64 buffer and lots of on plugins

What happens though is the more plugins I add to a project the less smooth the visuals get. The faders get laggy and get stuck for a moment sometimes as I move them. The meters glitch and freeze momentarily every few seconds. It starts to happen once I get over 40 FX plugins on various tracks (not all bussed together or using sends) It get's progressively worse from there the more I add. Here's the weird part. It happens when all the plugins are OFF too! It happens at 128 buffer, it happens at 1024. It happens with my Motu 424 card (2408mkiii) It happens with a Behringer Uphoria UMC1820. It happens with a new 4gb Nvidia GT730 but also an old trusty Radeon 5450 that is pulled from my other system. i thought it could be the video cards but computer operation outside the daw is smooth as silk while DAW project plays back.

I don't even get to barely a tenth of this computer's power before the GUIs start to get unstable. Am I asking too much graphically from these programs even though the graphics are for sure not visible, or behind anything. Why would having 60 or so VST 3 plugins off on empty tracks effect the operation of the program. Also in windows performance meter I barely crack 15%, and am not red-lining any single core. I'm also not overheating I think. I have MSI afterburner displaying temps and they are all good. I've run cinebench and my score is inline with other 3950Xs. All CPUs reach 100% in Cinebench and I have no issues. I am using high performance power mode, and Ryzen high performance power mode. No overclocking going on.

Thanks for your help. (please help I'm going nuts.)

Here's the system

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x (16 cores)
Asus TUF gaming X570 motherboard
32 gb T-group teamforce dark Za Ryzen optimized ram
Nvidia GT 730 4 gb video card
Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro Cooler with 3 fans
Be Quiet Dark Power 1200 watt power
Be Quiet Silent base 801 case
Motu 424 PCIe card with 2408mkiii or
Behringer Uphoria UMC 1820

GT730 might not be up to running much GPU elements at the same time. I'd test first a newer card if it helps.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”