MegaHertz - High Resolution Semi-Modular Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yellowmix wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:13 pm Misspoke, SynthEdit, there are a bunch of .sem files in the Windows install.
*Edit* Okay, I see them
Last edited by JerGoertz on Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A well-behaved signature.

It crashed on Windows 7 with fatal error, and no UI.

Skupje wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:44 pm It crashed on Windows 7 with fatal error, and no UI.
I'm on Windows 7 and the demo works fine on my machine.
A well-behaved signature.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:13 pm Misspoke, SynthEdit, there are a bunch of .sem files in the Windows install.
Wait you mean to tell me the guy that worked for Waves is selling a SynthEdit plugin for $168 ?

How is there Mac version ?

EDIT: I see he dropped the price to $116.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:07 am
How is there Mac version ?
there has been for a long time

A Mac version of SynthEdit ? I didn't know that.

So.....

"After working as a product manager and lead instrument developer at Waves Audio for 6 years, I'm now developing audio plugins independently under the Exonic UK trading name.

While I'm extremely proud of the many plugins I made with the wonderful and talented people at Waves, I feel that it is time to do my own thing".

He needs S.E. ? I think we've got a new Crysonic...... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:46 am A Mac version of SynthEdit ? I didn't know that.
not sure if there is a mac version, but you can export a mac compatible plugin (AU or vst, not sure which)

Okay, Synthedit ... Not that's something bad per se, there is some great stuff out there made with SE or Flowstone. The demo is somewhat buggy though, the oscilloscope doesn't show up properly and there were some other UI glitches. Win7 here.

It does sound good tho. But i'm still not sure if it is worth even 89 pounds.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:46 am A Mac version of SynthEdit ? I didn't know that.

So.....

"After working as a product manager and lead instrument developer at Waves Audio for 6 years, I'm now developing audio plugins independently under the Exonic UK trading name.

While I'm extremely proud of the many plugins I made with the wonderful and talented people at Waves, I feel that it is time to do my own thing".

He needs S.E. ? I think we've got a new Crysonic...... :lol:
What a ridiculous comment
First off all you have no idea what the synthedit modules represent bit I am sure it is his genuine code and not stock se code .
The first version of sylenth alsu used synthedit for it’s gui.
To add further injury you compare him with crysonic , one of the shaddiest companies ever .
You’re pathetic
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:56 am
Skupje wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:44 pm It crashed on Windows 7 with fatal error, and no UI.
I'm on Windows 7 and the demo works fine on my machine.
Maybe i'm missing a library?

Hi Skupje,

Please try to download again and re-install.
If that doesn't fix the issue, please contact me (https://www.exonicuk.com/contact) and we'll get it sorted.

Some helpful details would be:
1. What host are you using?
2. VST2 or VST3?
3. Are you able to run other Exonic UK plugins?
4. What were the error details?

Cheers,
Guy

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:43 am First off all you have no idea what the synthedit modules represent bit I am sure it is his genuine code and not stock se code .
Did you actually read his comment ? You should try that before making an idiot of yourself.

"After working as a product manager and lead instrument developer at Waves Audio for 6 years....
While I'm extremely proud of the many plugins I made with the wonderful and talented people at Waves".

If you can write code in C++ (custom modules) there is no need for SynthEdit other than pure laziness. Even first day newbies know that. :wink:

If he didn't actually write the code for Wave's plugin then his bragging is misleading. He makes absolutely no mention of using SynthEdit on his website. If you don't favor SE then that is also misleading and if you're a defender of SE it's an insult that he doesn't mention using it.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:43 amThe first version of sylenth alsu used synthedit for it’s gui.
Yes and people bitched about it being handcuffed with S.E. until he made a native version and since then it's become widely popular.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:43 amTo add further injury you compare him with crysonic , one of the shaddiest companies ever.
It's this kind of hype that reminded me of Crysonic when their plugins were S.E. :

"Each of MegaHertz's many components are re-generated up to a million (Mega) times every second (Hertz) with the same "mico-shifts" and instabilities that give analogue synthesizers their famed character and liveliness".

If you don't see the parallels then you simply weren't paying attention.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:43 amYou’re pathetic
And you're a hypocrite. It was ok for you to have a negative opinion of the plugin but if I do then you get your panties in a bunch and start name calling.

That is pathetic.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:21 pm It does sound pretty great ,imho talmod filters sound way better , in megahertz the resonance peak is a bit tame
But , a demo with a 10s sec noise interrupt WTF ...I don't get it
With all that being said , it doesn't bring anything to the table that Talmod doesn't offer , the latter has a better implemented mod.system , lower cpu footprint , clear vector guis and a democratic price .
Note to developer , you should hire a graphic artist , the gui of your other plugins , esp. punch is just bad .

AnX wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 am
not sure if there is a mac version, but you can export a mac compatible plugin (AU or vst, not sure which)
Oh well I don't own a Mac and don't use S.E. plugins so didn't pay any attention.

It used to be a lack of a Mac version was an indication that a "save as" framework such as SE or SM/Flowstone was not used.

Since most people don't admit to using it I guess now the only way to know if it's SE is if the plugin drops sems or seps.

Megahertz being evidence of this as no one knew it was SE until someone noticed the sems and seps.
:shrug:

1 million! 🧐

Please outosurce the GUI design to someone who's not blind.

As to the core concept - I get it, but expect troubles. Megaherz sampling rates were sensible in some recent FPGA-based synths, such as Peak. In software it's risky.
Also, it can't be the only feature in a competetive synth - everyone does oversampling, for good or worse. Other than that, MegaHertz looks rather uninspiring.

Though I must admit that basses are outstanding and sound really analog, that's a great success.
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Instruments”