MegaHertz - High Resolution Semi-Modular Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:00 pm no one knew it was SE until someone noticed the sems and seps.
:shrug:
dont see the relevance, you either like the synth, or you don't :shrug:

.. besides, just because it's SE doesn't mean it's not "properly coded" (from a sound quality perspective that is). He could have used it mainly for the GUI and ease of export to various formats.

The drawback is that SE synths seem all a bit unreliable. Many users seem to report issues with SE coded stuff.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:52 pm

Did you actually read his comment ? You should try that before making an idiot of yourself.

"After working as a product manager and lead instrument developer at Waves Audio for 6 years....
While I'm extremely proud of the many plugins I made with the wonderful and talented people at Waves".

If you can write code in C++ (custom modules) there is no need for SynthEdit other than pure laziness. Even first day newbies know that. :wink:

cant find anything that says he was a coder....
If he didn't actually write the code for Wave's plugin then his bragging is misleading.
why? his job description seems clear to me
Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:52 pm He makes absolutely no mention of using SynthEdit on his website.
why should he? does any dev mention what compiler they use, what graphics program they use, what reference code they used and modified, etc etc etc?

no, its not relevant

Good thing peeps don't jump on developers developing with JUCE...

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:43 am First off all you have no idea what the synthedit modules represent bit I am sure it is his genuine code and not stock se code .
Did you actually read his comment ? You should try that before making an idiot of yourself.

"After working as a product manager and lead instrument developer at Waves Audio for 6 years....
While I'm extremely proud of the many plugins I made with the wonderful and talented people at Waves".

If you can write code in C++ (custom modules) there is no need for SynthEdit other than pure laziness. Even first day newbies know that. :wink:

If he didn't actually write the code for Wave's plugin then his bragging is misleading. He makes absolutely no mention of using SynthEdit on his website. If you don't favor SE then that is also misleading and if you're a defender of SE it's an insult that he doesn't mention using it.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:43 amThe first version of sylenth alsu used synthedit for it’s gui.
Yes and people bitched about it being handcuffed with S.E. until he made a native version and since then it's become widely popular.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:43 amTo add further injury you compare him with crysonic , one of the shaddiest companies ever.
It's this kind of hype that reminded me of Crysonic when their plugins were S.E. :

"Each of MegaHertz's many components are re-generated up to a million (Mega) times every second (Hertz) with the same "mico-shifts" and instabilities that give analogue synthesizers their famed character and liveliness".

If you don't see the parallels then you simply weren't paying attention.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:43 amYou’re pathetic
And you're a hypocrite. It was ok for you to have a negative opinion of the plugin but if I do then you get your panties in a bunch and start name calling.

That is pathetic.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:21 pm It does sound pretty great ,imho talmod filters sound way better , in megahertz the resonance peak is a bit tame
But , a demo with a 10s sec noise interrupt WTF ...I don't get it
With all that being said , it doesn't bring anything to the table that Talmod doesn't offer , the latter has a better implemented mod.system , lower cpu footprint , clear vector guis and a democratic price .
Note to developer , you should hire a graphic artist , the gui of your other plugins , esp. punch is just bad .
The fact that I don’t like the plugin is one thing .
Defending the developer from your attack is a totally different matter.
I was criticizing the plugin and things I don’t like about it , You are discrediting him as a coder and comparing it to a fraudulent software .
If you can’t see the difference , phew I hope you have a different mindset in real life
Talking about being narrow minded.
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:00 pm Good thing peeps don't jump on developers developing with JUCE...
i like juice. :)

AnX wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:29 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:00 pm no one knew it was SE until someone noticed the sems and seps.
While I don't have a problem with SE in itself, £89 for something knocked up in SE is a bit steep.

Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:43 pm
While I don't have a problem with SE in itself, £89 for something knocked up in SE is a bit steep.
define "knocked up" please

do you have personal knowledge of how this plugin was actually created, or are you making an assumption?

AnX wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:15 pm

do you have personal knowledge of how this plugin was actually created, or are you making an assumption?
On the basis of what has been said about it. I have worked with synth edit. I have little knowledge of synth tech and no knowledge of coding. It is easy to make SE synths. The hardest part is the GUI. Please dampen your aggressive attitude.

Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:17 pm

On the basis of what has been said about it. I have worked with synth edit. I have little knowledge of synth tech and no knowledge of coding. It is easy to make SE synths. The hardest part is the GUI. Please dampen your aggressive attitude.

so the answer is you have no idea how much work went into the synth, and you are assuming he threw some stuff together and is charging "too much" based on no evidence at all except it was made in SE

great logic :roll:

AnX wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:22 pm

so the answer is you have no idea how much work went into the synth, and you are assuming he threw some stuff together and is charging "too much" based on no evidence at all except it was made in SE

In true partisan fashion, suffering from severe cognitive dissonance, you defend your position by first ignoring everything I have written. I know how to use SE. Any fool can make a synth in SE. There is nothing outstanding about this synth that I can detect. I have downloaded the demo and I will give it a shot but if that's the price he's charging, I want it to sound like a thousand angels and make noises I have never heard before. Somehow I don't think an SE synth is going to achieve that.

I think we have established you dont know what you are talking about, you should probably stop.

Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:28 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:22 pm

In true partisan fashion, suffering from severe cognitive dissonance, you defend your position by first ignoring everything I have written. I know how to use SE. Any fool can make a synth in SE. There is nothing outstanding about this synth that I can detect. I have downloaded the demo and I will give it a shot but if that's the price he's charging, I want it to sound like a thousand angels and make noises I have never heard before. Somehow I don't think an SE synth is going to achieve that.
Who said it's a synthedit synth ?
There are some synthedit modules which are used as a wrapper for his custom code ( presumably ) , this does NOT make it a synthedit synth
You are aware that synthedit can do that , right ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I was not aware that SE modules could be recoded, no. My posts were on the basis only of what I had read and understood from this thread up to the point I posted. You are the first to make me aware that this is possible. I still probably wouldn't pay £89 for this from what I have seen so far. I will, however give the demo a spin and see if it is better than I had anticipated.

vurt wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:30 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:00 pm Good thing peeps don't jump on developers developing with JUCE...
i like juice. :)
Apple or orange ? Or you prefer other fruits ?
More BPM please

Return to “Instruments”