PreSonus Instrument Sound Samples

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm stuck in Ground Hog Day here - can someone help me? I know this isn't the perfect place to answer my question. I'm desperate

I am brand new to music production on a computer. I purchased a license for Presonus Studio One 5 Professional.

My account is screwed up and I'm working on getting it straightened out. Right now I am not able to post in their official forum. At one point I couldn't access my.presonus account - got a msg stating I was banned. I have done nothing offensive. I got that part straightened out but I still can't post in forums. When I write to them about this they tell me I'm a Prime and do not have access to asking questions, even though I indicate that I purchased a license for Artist, then Pro. And when I call, they shoot me right to voice mail and the voice mail tells me to email. My guess is when I first asked a question from the Prime (free) version, they slapped restrictions on my account and haven't updated me since I purchased a license for Artist weeks ago, and two weeks ago, Professional.

My question:

How can I sample instruments BEFORE I drag it into a track? I've watched countless videos and read articles and every one starts with "let's drag an instrument into a track..." but I need to know the sound of that track before I drag it in. I've seen this done in other DAWS, just click on it before dragging and hearing a short sample.

Thanks.

You're not talking about VST instruments, right?
You're talking about previewing loops in the loop library?
Watch this:

https://youtu.be/Tw7Bd_b6xe8?t=88

Also check out youtube many good vieos there:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ps+samples

HI. Update. I finally heard back from Presonus on this. NO, I do mean the VSTs. Presonus told me that is not an option of this DAW. I was originally going to get Cubase and saw videos of how you can preview the instrument before dragging it onto a track. Being new to all this - I just assumed it was the industry standard. It certainly makes sense to preview in one click rather than drag - preview - delete. Now I'm at a loss for how to approach Studio One. I have literally thousands of sounds to pick from and the descriptions aren't enough. Besides all the media I got with S1 Pro, I have a full version of Analog Lab.

It's going to be a long slow process of getting familiar with so many sounds. Any work flow suggestions? Thanks. I will be doing mostly compositions with traditional instruments rather than loops/samples.

Load up the VST in your DAW and then either program a loop or play realtime and flip through the presets.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:59 am Load up the VST in your DAW and then either program a loop or play realtime and flip through the presets.
That works for me too. I record a loop of singlenotes/chords, loop it and preview the presets.

I can't think of any DAW that could allow you to preview the VST presets. The DAW needs to run a VST so the presets can change all the parameters.......

Maschine does this but I think it only works with NI instruments.

Thanks. My disadvantage is that I'm new to working with a DAW. Searching for the right sound, being unfamiliar with them all is a formidable task! I was originally going to get Cubase and I do believe you can sample them before dropping them into a track. I just assumed all DAWs would do that. My bad. Thanks.

Come to think on it, you can sample instruments before creating a track in Ableton Live. Just click on it in the selection column and you hear a little sample. It saves a lot of time. Would be a good feature to add to Studio One.

Return to “Instruments”