Komplete Spekulation?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:18 pm i think now they are run by cats.
No... kats

Katz
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

The real question is if I can successfully sell my copy first before a new one full of things I don’t ever use comes out.

More krap that I don’t need
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Been discussed to death, but I wish they'd do updates to some of their older stuff.

*unfunny joke that was deleted*
Last edited by audiot on Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:50 am The real kuestion is if I kan sukkessfully sell my kopy first before a new one full of thinks I don’t ever use komes out.
FTFY :tu:

Calenberger wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:16 am At least they just fired their two top managers...
Wrong - they resigned from their position and moved up to higher shareholder management board coupled with EMH private equity fund.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:23 am
Calenberger wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:16 am At least they just fired their two top managers...
Wrong - they resigned from their position and moved up to higher shareholder management board coupled with EMH private equity fund.
Ah well, in that case all rosy and music customer-focused.
Last edited by revvy on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Read between the lines:
https://www.musicradar.com/news/native- ... leadership

However, looking forward what's coming next from NI.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:23 am
Entirely correct, but anyone who's worked in a corporate enterprise (and make no mistake NI *is* a corporate enterprise these days) will I think get the feeling that announcing a new strategy 6 months ago and then failing to deliver on any of it - then "resigning and getting moved up" - might not be entirely voluntary....
VST/AU Developer for Hire

I am curious as to what NI is planning to do if not release Komplete 13 as per tradition. :)

I have mixed feelings about NI. My fear is that they will make a cut and remove a lot of legacy products. Actually, I'm thinking if it makes sense to sell most of the NI things I don't use too often, even though I would like to keep them normally, because they are great to have from time to time.

I'm afraid that they will drop the whole vintage compressor collection for example, they are still great but old. Absynth comes in mind too.

Removing a lot of legacy products removes the strength of Komplete, which is NI's best selling product. I doubt that'd happen, but that's just my own opinion.

I hope you're right, EvilDragon! Legacy support is very imporant for audio stuff. Plugins work great often even when they're old. Revmoving them is like a loved hardware device breaks down. This is (the) one thing love about Waves, legacy support is great.

My fear is VST3 and management wanting to cut costs were ever possible, not having love for the actual products.

Return to “Instruments”