Komplete Spekulation?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

andypryce wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:23 pm
mumpcake wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:09 pm What does Battery so desperately need?
In place audition of samples like Battery 3
Prev/next sample on cells like Battery 3
Non destructive Fade in/out for samples
Simple way to make a cell full pitch range like Maschine.
Cells are not auto selected and shown when you hit the notes.
Faster load time.
Expansions are not labeled but a big single list. Can not select a specific expansion unless you memorize the weird names and write to search area.

That's about it for me.
And...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxcf5oMhNlA

I recently reminded the support about Battery 4 and mentioned a couple of issues too. It definitely needs at least one major update. Hopefully the message has been relayed to the concerned team and we will see an update in the future.

andypryce wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:23 pmCells are not auto selected and shown when you hit the notes.
You don't have "Selection follows MIDI input" enabled to the right of BPM text field at the very top of Battery 4 GUI.

Battery would absolutely benefit from a built in sequencer. I've never understood why even a rudimentary seq wasn't included from the very first version.
I know that purists look at Battery as the last word in percussion sampling, but when you have over a hundred included unique kits--and demo midi examples of how to use them--wouldn't it make more sense to add on a sequencer with a well rounded beat library? And NI could also benefit from a user library of MIDI files similar to the Reaktor user library.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Too much competition for their Maschine line?

Yeah it'd cut too much into Maschine then.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:14 pm
andypryce wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:23 pmCells are not auto selected and shown when you hit the notes.
You don't have "Selection follows MIDI input" enabled to the right of BPM text field at the very top of Battery 4 GUI.
Wow, never touched that part or that icon.
Thank you so much.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:22 pm Yeah it'd cut too much into Maschine then.
How?
First of all, Battery has been around much longer than Maschine, and could have clearly benefitted from a seq all those years.
Secondly, the entire line of Kontakt based drums (Studio Drummer, 60's, 70's, 80's, etc.) all have their own really easy to use built in seqs, with format conversions, no less.
And, finally, all those sample packs that are now included in Komplete (instead of actual instruments) contain hundreds of new kits in Battery format AND Maschine format. But users like me who don't own Maschine can't get up and running quickly in Battery with even just starter beats.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:14 pm
I have a problem with Battery 4 in FL Studio. Do you have any idea about the following:

1. Often when clicking on the cells, the sound is no longer heard until I press a key on my MIDI keyboard to trigger any sound. I mean initially the sound comes, but maybe after B4 loses focus and gains it back I need to click a note on my MIDI keyboard to trigger it again. It's quite strange, but has always happened for me.

2. Reverse mouse click-drag behaviour for master volume slider. I mean it decreases when trying to increase and vice versa. I observed that when I open the preferences and touch something there, the slider behaves fine temporarily, but again reverts to this erratic behaviour.

These problems, especially #1, have been quite frustrating.

Calenberger wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:40 am Read between the lines:
https://www.musicradar.com/news/native- ... leadership

However, looking forward what's coming next from NI.
My guess, I think more composer centric VST software is coming down the road. It seems NI aren't focusing as much on Maschine and Traktor and EDM market space. I am bewildered how Massive X seems to have popped off the radar after its big push to get released last year.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

It would be nice if NI focused a bit more on Maschine and gave it some more DAW-like features and functionality. The biggest changes and updates to Maschine had been to integrate it with Sounds.com which was dumb IMO. It did absolutely nothing for me. I, as a Maschine user, am already heavily invested in expansions and have more sounds among the expansions than I need. The last thing I need to so go on splice and get more. I spend all my time customizing the sounds I have so they sound unique.

I am seriously considering jumping ship to Akai MPC. The software is more feature rick and their sample pack/expansions sound high res and better sounding.
Last edited by telecode on Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:14 pm The biggest changes and updates to Maschine had been to integrate it with Splice which was dumb IMO.
Say what?

m-ac wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:14 pm
telecode wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:14 pm The biggest changes and updates to Maschine had been to integrate it with Splice which was dumb IMO.
Say what?
i meant sounds.com

telecode wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:00 pm

My guess, I think more composer centric VST software is coming down the road. It seems NI aren't focusing as much on Maschine and Traktor and EDM market space. I am bewildered how Massive X seems to have popped off the radar after its big push to get released last year.
well its had a couple of updates, and it has been a weird year all round. but ni have been busy with other stuff too.
wouldnt expect them to just push massivex once released, until a major update.

would be nice to see more synth love than sample based stuff though.
although, reaktor has had a couple of great updates with the blocks paradigm :tu:

telecode wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:00 pm

Pretty normal stuff I would say. A soft synth gets released, big talk for a month or two, and then there's literally no talk about it at all anymore. Happens with really everything these days.

It's the most used soft synth here, FWIW.

The addition of Damage 2 might grab my money.

Otherwise, I think Komplete's cinematic lineup lacks a foley component. I've played with Krotosaudio's oddities lately, like Weaponiser (design your own weapon sounds) and Igniter (design your own vehicle sounds), and, while overpriced and targeted at movie production, are intriguing.

Some all-round product that combines synthesis and sampling and lots of effects, like Halion 6 or Falcon or MSoundfactory, would also be welcome.

Return to “Instruments”