MegaHertz - High Resolution Semi-Modular Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would be easier if the developer himself would explain his reasons without people having to assume and suspect all kind of negative and positive things. So far I cannot see that much interaction of him in this thread... :shrug:

Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:26 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:18 pm The developer is almost certainly using custom-coded C++ modules. The audio demos and actually trying the demo should make that obvious, I hope.
They are definitely standard or third party, or maybe the dev has slightly modified but not much has gone into it.
They are def. standard or third party , sure it's either one or the other :dog:
Just hear yourself talk :lol: :lol:
The audio demos really show it's high quality stuff and custom code , you are so convinced it's not because someone discovered there are certain synthedit modules used .
I am sure that you would make a u-turn if synthedit wasn't even mentioned , pure confirmation bias
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:08 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:18 pm The developer is almost certainly using custom-coded C++ modules. The audio demos and actually trying the demo should make that obvious, I hope.
They are definitely standard or third party, or maybe the dev has slightly modified but not much has gone into it.
The audio demos really show it's high quality stuff and custom code , you are so convinced it's not because someone discovered there are certain synthedit modules used .
I am sure that you would make a u-turn if synthedit wasn't even mentioned , pure confirmation bias
Because you don't understand me you think I am stupid? How intelligent is that? Your "opinion" (i.e.emotional knee-jerk) is utterly absurd and your attitude is repugnant. I will find the GUI components and display them here, then I will make you eat your own drivel! The difference between you and I in this is that I was talking from experience with regards the knobs and switches whereas you are talking out of your vulgar behind. Go and boil your head you obnoxious little man!

Erisian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:22 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:08 pm
Because you don't understand me you think I am stupid? How intelligent is that? Your "opinion" (i.e.emotional knee-jerk) is utterly absurd and your attitude is repugnant. I will find the GUI components and display them here, then I will make you eat your own drivel! The difference between you and I in this is that I was talking from experience with regards the knobs and switches whereas you are talking out of your vulgar behind. Go and boil your head you obnoxious little man!
Experience in knobs 🍆
I think we’re dealing here with a true genius
Eyeball exchanging

I still rate it as just average sounding. And the asked price is completely unrealistic.

Tricky-Loops wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:07 pm Would be easier if the developer himself would explain his reasons
he doesn't need to explain himself to anyone
Tricky-Loops wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:07 pm So far I cannot see that much interaction of him in this thread... :shrug:
is that surprising?

Right, phew...

Now that things have calmed down somewhat, I'll be happy to talk a bit about MegaHertz.
Excuse me if I don't go into much technical details about the development process.

MegaHerz is my personal "dream synth", that's honestly the main reason for its existence.
I've been playing and programming synths for the better part of 3 decades, and had a very clear vision of the synth that I wanted.

From start to finish, it took about 18 months to get the features and sound that I heard in my head into an actual plugin.
Development started shortly after Waves and myself parted ways after 6 years and 10 successful products (you can see which products in my LinkedIn page if you're interested: https://www.linkedin.com/in/guy-rotem-2a8a76150/ )

One of my main goals with MegaHertz was to allow extensive audio rate modulations without the constant fear of aliasing and other digital nastiness that is often associated with analogue emulation.
This necessitated the use of very high internal sample rates for both audio and control signals.
Quite challenging to achieve without requiring extravagant processing power.

Another goal was to have all of the controls visible without having to menu-dive or flip through pages.
This has always been my personal preference, probably due to my love of old analogue synths.
This approach dictates a certain GUI design that may not look very flashy or "modern", but I personally feel is justified in terms of user experience.

MegaHertz is not modeled after a specific analogue synth, but more of my favorite parts from many different classic synths, sort of a personal "best of" combination.
Some parts, like the envelopes for example, are completely unique rather than being inspired by anything specific.

I'm very happy with the result, and very much hope that you enjoy it and find it useful for your music.

thanks for the info, good enough for me, but good luck with the trolls :wink:

Guy ExonicUK wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:04 pm
Skupje wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:44 pm It crashed on Windows 7 with fatal error, and no UI.
Hi Skupje,

Please try to download again and re-install.
If that doesn't fix the issue, please contact me (https://www.exonicuk.com/contact) and we'll get it sorted.

Some helpful details would be:
1. What host are you using?
2. VST2 or VST3?
3. Are you able to run other Exonic UK plugins?
4. What were the error details?

Cheers,
Guy
I have the vst2 version reinstalled.
It seems to be a thread access violation to a locked process, doing a system scan didn't return any errors. In all I think i'm missing a library, the interface is just not there. I can hear the demo sounds tho, it's awesome!

`Has anyone tried the AI Mastering product? There's not much info on the website and not even a PDF manual! What does it actually do?

https://www.exonicuk.com/product-page/ai-master
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:41 pm `Has anyone tried the AI Mastering product? There's not much info on the website and not even a PDF manual! What does it actually do?

theres a thread in effects with a few comments :)

v1o wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:41 pm `Has anyone tried the AI Mastering product? There's not much info on the website and not even a PDF manual! What does it actually do?

I tried. And I was VERY impressed. You can check my review on the product page here.
This is a new and revolutionary concept in my opinion, probably not suitable for everyone but it is worth coming to it with an open mind.

Boom , I asked the developer to chime in and hopefully put these trolls ( with their ridiculous theories ) to sleep .
Eyeball exchanging

Skupje wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:38 pm
I have the vst2 version reinstalled.
It seems to be a thread access violation to a locked process, doing a system scan didn't return any errors. In all I think i'm missing a library, the interface is just not there. I can hear the demo sounds tho, it's awesome!
Thanks Skupje!
Sent you a PM regarding your interface issue.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:14 pm Boom , I asked the developer to chime in and hopefully put these trolls ( with their ridiculous theories ) to sleep .
tbh, it's prob best to not get involved with a shit throwing match with haters, it's a lose lose situation... best to ignore and stick to polite informative replies to sensible questions

Return to “Instruments”