What do you think of Rob Papen synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:41 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:34 pm Jon Ayres does. But he seems to be comfortable with them being called Rob Papen synths. :shrug:
good for him, but the fact is, RP doesn't make synths
ped·ant
/ˈpednt/

noun: pedant;

a person who is excessively concerned with minor details.

Rob Papen the company makes synths. Rob Papen the person does the sound design and Jon Ayres does the coding.

Does it really matter that much ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Greenstorm33 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:47 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:34 pm Jon Ayres does. But he seems to be comfortable with them being called Rob Papen synths. :shrug:
That's great but the synth line is called Rob Papen so I don't see what your point is.
do you have trouble reading or with comprenshion?

try researching who actually makes the synths (ie the coder)

Teksonik wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:00 pm
ped·ant
/ˈpednt/

noun: pedant;

a person who is excessively concerned with minor details.

Rob Papen the company makes synths. Rob Papen the person does the sound design and Jon Ayres does the coding.

Does it really matter that much ?
pot/kettle

Yea I know Dave. I'm bored with the Corona Virus restrictions too.

Who gives a f*ck who makes Rob Papen synths ? If Jon is OK with Rob's name being on the plugins then let it go....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:12 pm I'm bored with the Corona Virus
did Rob make that too :lol:

AnX wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:16 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vECGh9hY68

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Rob Zombie synths sounds cooler :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

AnX wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:16 pm
george.

There are a few Predator preset patches that I use every now and then but I haven't used these plugins as often in recent years. If you make vapour wave, Vecto has some great patches. I have a few patches I made in Blue and Quad that Ive been using recently.

I also recently got BIT and it's great. Prob my fav of the bunch. It covers similar territory as other vsts but I've still been liking it.

crickey13 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:26 pm Rob has already mentioned briefly Blue III, so it's just a matter of time, probably within one or two years' time.
Oh, that's interesting! They should add formant shaping synthesis for those of us who miss our FS1Rs (and couldn't edit it with that interface anyway :hihi: )
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Blade:

Chord Mode + Strum + XY Mod = unique. USP.

Very "musical" Approach. Hands on. Quick Results.

Out of Touch for the Competitors concerning Movement. Faster and more intuitive.

Upgrades are free @RP so no Headaches here, too.

cryophonik wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:15 pm
crickey13 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:26 pm Rob has already mentioned briefly Blue III, so it's just a matter of time, probably within one or two years' time.
Oh, that's interesting! They should add formant shaping synthesis for those of us who miss our FS1Rs (and couldn't edit it with that interface anyway :hihi: )
Ya, I was thinking about this recently. Is there a plugin that has the capabilities of the FS1R out there on the market?

Octopus (rip) had a bunch...

I have read many positive Comments in Blue 2 already.

What makes this Synth so good - special - unique? What do you like about it and what do you use it for? Recommendations?

It reminds me strongly of FM8, extended by Sample-Waves. Awesome Modulation Possibilities. But I've just spent an hour yet...

And how about CPU? It seems to be quiet "demanding"?
Last edited by GRUMP on Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

if blue would allow user sample loading that would be awsome.

Return to “Instruments”