Fragile Gods - "Two Worlds"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

This reminds me of the music we did in the eighties! Scapa Flow, Front 242, A Split Second, Nitzer Ebb (a bit like their Always an Angel), Angstraum, etc, but still very unique. Sounds like you're using a TX81Z here. I also appreciate the arrangement is so naked.

Super cool! Where were you those days?! :D

Actually the melody line is great too. And the female vocals as well - perfect for this style.

Great job!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Frantz wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:13 pm Somehow my musical brain became frozen in the 80s. It's not intentional, it just kind of happened. Maybe it was a vitamin deficiency or the result of playing too much Donkey Kong? It's a medical mystery. :help:
Perhaps it was just an overdose of good taste. :D

Listening to a lot of today's commercial radio might cure you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:26 pm
Frantz wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:13 pm Somehow my musical brain became frozen in the 80s. It's not intentional, it just kind of happened. Maybe it was a vitamin deficiency or the result of playing too much Donkey Kong? It's a medical mystery. :help:
Perhaps it was just an overdose of good taste. :D

Listening to a lot of today's commercial radio might cure you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
cure? no... it will most definitely shrink your brain to the size of a walnut. :scared:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:46 pm cure? no... it will most definitely shrink your brain to the size of a walnut. :scared:
Exactly my point. :wink: Better stay in the 80s! Let melody rule! :tu:
Go MuLab!

Local Man wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:22 pm Great work as always. I love the background vocals. They are very effective.
But in general I like your vocal processing. It works really well with the synth textures. Sometimes a lot of vocal processing can be a distraction but in your style it works.
Glad you liked the vocals. Thanks LM!

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:19 pm Superb song. Catchy melody and excellent synth work and overall production. :)

Listening to Switch Off The Light. Great work on this one too! Subbed on YT. :tu:
Thanks for the listen and sub. Very glad you enjoyed it. :)

ATS wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:48 pm I knew you had to have music up. Took me forever to find you on here. Was worth it, wonderful song and I really like the way it was mixed. Very easy on the ears. Thanks for all your feedback.
Thanks for your kind words, ATS. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

SparkySpark wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:22 pm This reminds me of the music we did in the eighties! Scapa Flow, Front 242, A Split Second, Nitzer Ebb (a bit like their Always an Angel), Angstraum, etc, but still very unique. Sounds like you're using a TX81Z here. I also appreciate the arrangement is so naked.

Super cool! Where were you those days?! :D

Actually the melody line is great too. And the female vocals as well - perfect for this style.

Great job!
Thanks for your enthusiastic comments. BTW, I think you are thinking of the song "The Angel" by Ministry, rather than a Nitzer Ebb track. "The Angel" is a good comparison and fun to revisit after all of these years.

This track is all soft synths but it is cool if it sounds like vintage hardware.

What was I doing in those days?
Early 80s: programming Commodore computers, listening to records, not paying attention in high school.
Late 80s: clubbing, partying, listening to records, not paying attention in college. You get the idea. :hihi:

Frantz wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:08 am You get the idea. :hihi:
...and what an awesome idea it was! :hihi:

Yes, you're right, it's Ministry. Didn't know I must have had one of their albums. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmdPha45dlw

One thing that is rather cool about these old songs is that some of them - The Angel included - use congas (!). It's very pronounced in Warriors of the Waste Land (Frankie Goes to Holloywood), but one can here them every now and again, tucked away in the background (probably as we were all using drum machines with quite a limited set of sounds). Would have been quite a sight to see a conga player on a Front 242 concert. :hihi:

Looking forward to your next release! :tu:
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:20 am Would have been quite a sight to see a conga player on a Front 242 concert. :hihi:
I guess Richard 23 could have had a conga sample on one of his drum pads. :lol: In later years, they had a real drummer with a full kit on stage with them although it wasn't clear if the drum mics were on. It seemed to be mostly for visual effect. :dog:

SparkySpark wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:20 am Looking forward to your next release! :tu:
Thanks, I am in the middle of reinstalling everything on a new Win10 machine. Once I am done with that painful process, it will be back to music making.

Frantz wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:59 am they had a real drummer with a full kit on stage with them although it wasn't clear if the drum mics were on. It seemed to be mostly for visual effect. :dog:
Isn't it always? :lol:

Good luck with your Win10 installation adventure! :wink:
Go MuLab!

Return to “Music Cafe”