Outer Rim... -=[ T r a n c e ]=- ... feedback welcome...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trance is fun.
Feedback welcome on arrangement, mixing etc. always welcome.
https://soundcloud.com/bansaw-843690132/outerrim

You're really stretching yourself lately. I'm no trance expert but it sounds fine to me. A little light on melody but I guess that's the nature of trance anyway. Would be curious to hear this made into a backing track and have a vocal put on top of it. The foundation is solid enough that I think you could do something cool with this as a "real" song.

Is my age showing? LOL.

:tu:

The mix on this is awesome. Legit. This is pretty solid. Good structure. I agree- could def add some vocals on it. Like around 2:16, I'm almost expecting some kind of delayed / reverby vocals. It feels like there's a little space there.

Even without it I think it's ok, tbh. It -sounds- great.
01014.org - the 01014 net label
:phones: 24/7 label-community radio :phones:
Submit tracks for radio here
twitch

wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:37 pm You're really stretching yourself lately. I'm no trance expert but it sounds fine to me. A little light on melody but I guess that's the nature of trance anyway. Would be curious to hear this made into a backing track and have a vocal put on top of it. The foundation is solid enough that I think you could do something cool with this as a "real" song.

Is my age showing? LOL.

:tu:
Thanks as always for the comment. I was in the middle of a disco-funk track and am finding it hard to mix acoustic instruments (guitar, drums, horns). Its different compared to what I normally mix - synthpop. I often take a break if my brain is hurting and do some Trance, because its more fun. I might turn it into a real song later ; )

Nice, but I miss balance between low and high. Example:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QSwg7fxXsd8

Something is missing....... :? .... :dog: ....The Drugs!!! :hyper: :tu:

TraiT wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:50 pm The mix on this is awesome. Legit. This is pretty solid. Good structure. I agree- could def add some vocals on it. Like around 2:16, I'm almost expecting some kind of delayed / reverby vocals. It feels like there's a little space there.

Even without it I think it's ok, tbh. It -sounds- great.
Thanks for the comment and feedback TraiT. Appreciate it. I was trying to find some Trance vocals actually, but couldn't find any that fit with the song.

I heard vocals in it around 1:50 :)

excuse me please wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:16 pm Nice, but I miss balance between low and high. Example:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QSwg7fxXsd8
There were vocals, you're right. Spoken word ones. I think that sung would have been better. I always try and add a 'human touch' to the song with my singing or others.
The video example you cite above is Psytance - its a nice clean mix. Typically Psy can be a little easier to mix because there are less elements.

Karma_tba wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:33 am Something is missing....... :? .... :dog: ....The Drugs!!! :hyper: :tu:
lol, its all coming from a stimulant-free brain, all natural. Coffee is only drug that gets me. Although nowadays I tend to avoid that because it wires me too much. :s

getting around to this one now.
cool.
could have been in one of the matrix movie chase scenes.
tight mix, good structure, fitting sounds. nice one :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Wow, just awesome, driving hypnotic trance. Man I like this. Listening as I type, love the breakdown and then the beat comes back in, so tasty.

I am always blown away by the creativity of folks on these forums.

Listened to it again few times. It certainly is an interesting track. But at 0:16 it begins to sound crappy to my ears. Just saying what I hear.

Not a big trance listener but this track is cool. It has plenty of energy and almost got me headbanging... :bang:
I like the lead synth in the last part.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Sounds great!

The progression leans more toward movie scoring than the dance floor imo.
Yamaha HS7 - HD600 - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Akai MPK261
www.soundcloud.com/frozen_orb
www.facebook.com/frozenorbmusic

Return to “Music Cafe”