The Mangle (SoundGuru), is it still alive ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

6.5 years ago I did this little tutorial on grain shapes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pIUzh6jlAY

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:42 pm 6.5 years ago I did this little tutorial on grain shapes:
Thank you - also found your other videos and the soundbytes article -- that made it a lot more clear - was even able to make passable sounds out of fruity granulizer after that.

I don't see the need to call the dev an idiot. I think he either just lost interest or he moved on to another career. When you purchase an audio plugin you're not paying for future updates and development, you are paying for that plugin as it is at the time of purchase.

In anycase does anyone know if licence transfers are possible with the Mangle? These days I much prefer Padshop Pro and Reason Grain.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:56 am I don't see the need to call the dev an idiot. I think he either just lost interest or he moved on to another career. When you purchase an audio plugin you're not paying for future updates and development, you are paying for that plugin as it is at the time of purchase.

In anycase does anyone know if licence transfers are possible with the Mangle? These days I much prefer Padshop Pro and Reason Grain.
Except now he's still taking orders with a non functioning delivery link. So that makes him worse than an idiot. It makes him a crook.

Anybody who sabotages a business the way he did is most certainly an idiot.

v1o wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:56 am I don't see the need to call the dev an idiot. I think he either just lost interest or he moved on to another career. When you purchase an audio plugin you're not paying for future updates and development, you are paying for that plugin as it is at the time of purchase.

And no, license transfers are not possible because he doesn't respond to license transfer requests. He doesn't respond to anything.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:49 pm Except now he's still taking orders with a non functioning delivery link. So that makes him worse than an idiot. It makes him a crook.
This (and it needs to be said frequently, as people still recommend The Mangle).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:03 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:49 pm Except now he's still taking orders with a non functioning delivery link. So that makes him worse than an idiot. It makes him a crook.
This (and it needs to be said frequently, as people still recommend The Mangle).
I'm surprised Paypal hasn't shut him down yet. Certainly enough people had to have complained unless he's not making sales anymore.

I could have been one of the unteachable who buy The Mangle knowing that it has been abandoned, but if there is no functioning DL link anymore I guess I am cured - which is a pity as I really like the simple and intuitive UI and would like to buy it!

Anyway, I have played around with the demo and found that if "Position Locks" are enabled once, they appear to remain active even if deleted/disabled. Is this a known bug?

Hi.

I know that the developer are missing. But I ask if you know anything about this problem.

I use Live 11, and i make a track with mangle. When i reload the entire project, mangle forgets the preset it had used.

To avoid this, I have to save what I have done in mangle as a preset, and load that same preset into mangle when I go back to that Live project. This is very tedious.

I have tried the different options that mangle has to save presets, but they all seem to be related to the embedded audio, and not my problem.

Is this happening to you? Have you found a solution?

Apren wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:51 pm Hi.

I know that the developer are missing. But I ask if you know anything about this problem.

I use Live 11, and i make a track with mangle. When i reload the entire project, mangle forgets the preset it had used.

To avoid this, I have to save what I have done in mangle as a preset, and load that same preset into mangle when I go back to that Live project. This is very tedious.

I have tried the different options that mangle has to save presets, but they all seem to be related to the embedded audio, and not my problem.

shall look into it, not in my studio now. but it can be that is does not save state, with project. never tried it yet. because i make presets in the mangle, hee, are they recalled, i thought in reaper they did..
Dehenry wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:31 pm I could have been one of the unteachable who buy The Mangle knowing that it has been abandoned, but if there is no functioning DL link anymore I guess I am cured - which is a pity as I really like the simple and intuitive UI and would like to buy it!

Anyway, I have played around with the demo and found that if "Position Locks" are enabled once, they appear to remain active even if deleted/disabled. Is this a known bug?
i bought The Manlge a few months ago, and yes, received a DL.... gladly..
it is still a nice granular plugin.

Apren wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:51 pm Hi.

Same happening here in latest Studio One Pro on Win. Gets really boring after while...

Has anybody been able to get this working on an M1 Mac? My old MacBook died a while back so I upgraded to an M1 Mac mini and this is the only plugin I've had issues getting to work on the M1. Every time I open it Ableton freezes and I get an infinite spinning cursor. I don't have the original pkg installer (and obviously the developer doesn't have any working links anymore) so I had to copy all of the files over from my backups. But I even downloaded the trial version from their site and the same thing happens.

I used this thing a ton and I haven't found any other granular plugins that compare so I'm pretty bummed. It's a shame that the developer has abandoned a really neat piece of software. If anybody has any recommendations for a plugin that lets you load multiple samples and change parameters for each one, I'm all ears!

If you are using a Mac you are a masochist anyway ;-) Apple never cared about their customers (backwards compatibility). So the solution is easy: switch systems and you will probably be fine to still use The Mangle in 10 years.

huge bummer that this is now practically unusable on Big Sur. it appears that the guy who made it hasn't posted here in 5 years and may have abandoned all of the plugins he made (which were very good).

does anybody know him and can reach out? I've tried 4 or so other granular synth plugins but they all come with glitches or can't quite capture the same kind of sound.

graindrain wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:36 am huge bummer that this is now practically unusable on Big Sur. it appears that the guy who made it hasn't posted here in 5 years and may have abandoned all of the plugins he made (which were very good).

does anybody know him and can reach out? I've tried 4 or so other granular synth plugins but they all come with glitches or can't quite capture the same kind of sound.
So strange. This is the last e-mail I have for him:
tom@sound-guru.com

last I corresponded with him was in 2016 and he said he was currently working on Tangle but sent me the 1.1.1 update.

Return to “Instruments”