Your favorite Voxengo plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dombaeb wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:44 pm ... My impression so far these plugins are stable tools.
Rock solid! Never had a problem. Check out Soniformer and Deft Compressor :tu:

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:16 pm SPAN, MSED, Stereo Touch, Overtone/Marcel GEQ, Oldskool Verb.
WOW almost exactly like me ! :tu: (I'll add TubeAmp + CRTIV Tape Bus)

lampthruster ...

OOOF

I love them all so much.
Almost every project:

- Marquis Compressor on Kicks, it just has a nice drive and nice snap to bring out kick punch.
- Deft Compressor on snares, drum buses. It squashes like no other.
- Elephant one of my 3 main limiters (others are FabFilter and Weiss), my go to "coloring" limiter although it also does clean.
- PowerShaper on 808s when i just want to drive them a little. Or on guitars before amp sims. I have a "darkdrive" preset i use to add some nice girth to low end instruments. PowerShaper is one of my favourite drive/saturation plugins, it's unique and works amazingly well.
- Warmifier on vocals and sometimes drum buses. It's so damn sweet, one of my favourite exciters.
- SPAN Plus for FFT
- Corellometer for multiband phase
- MSED for stereo control on tracks
- OVC128 on almost every master- sometimes on drum+bass buses, sometimes just as a saturator lol

Often used:
- EbusLim as mixing limiter to controll stuff in buses or trcKS
- LF MaxPunch to add some oomph to kicks
- CRTIV Shumovick to stereoize mono snares and claps or to add some sizzle
- CRTIV Reverb for anything lush. It's my 2nd favourite digital reverb. (first being Toraverb2)
- TransGainer, my favourite broadband transient shaper
- VoxFormer for quick and dirty vocal mixes
- PHA979 to fix imaging issues on tracks

I also like HarmoniEQ but it doesn't get that much use, and GlissEQ...

Voxengo are one of my favourite plugins. Probably most favourite.

One of the most worthwhile purchase - the premium "sub" (full pack)

Ploki wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:44 pm OOOF

I love them all so much.
Almost every project:

- Marquis Compressor on Kicks, it just has a nice drive and nice snap to bring out kick punch.
- Deft Compressor on snares, drum buses. It squashes like no other.
- Elephant one of my 3 main limiters (others are FabFilter and Weiss), my go to "coloring" limiter although it also does clean.
- PowerShaper on 808s when i just want to drive them a little. Or on guitars before amp sims. I have a "darkdrive" preset i use to add some nice girth to low end instruments. PowerShaper is one of my favourite drive/saturation plugins, it's unique and works amazingly well.
- Warmifier on vocals and sometimes drum buses. It's so damn sweet, one of my favourite exciters.
- SPAN Plus for FFT
- Corellometer for multiband phase
- MSED for stereo control on tracks
- OVC128 on almost every master- sometimes on drum+bass buses, sometimes just as a saturator lol

Often used:
- EbusLim as mixing limiter to controll stuff in buses or trcKS
- LF MaxPunch to add some oomph to kicks
- CRTIV Shumovick to stereoize mono snares and claps or to add some sizzle
- CRTIV Reverb for anything lush. It's my 2nd favourite digital reverb. (first being Toraverb2)
- TransGainer, my favourite broadband transient shaper
- VoxFormer for quick and dirty vocal mixes
- PHA979 to fix imaging issues on tracks

I also like HarmoniEQ but it doesn't get that much use, and GlissEQ...

Voxengo are one of my favourite plugins. Probably most favourite.

One of the most worthwhile purchase - the premium "sub" (full pack)
Nice post :tu: Need to check out CRTIV Reverb, as i'm a big fan of Toraverb. And OVC128 ... never heard of that before. I like Voxengo but the website is a mess :?

Dombaeb wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:35 am I, like everyone else, have been using SPAN for a long time, but only recently I discovered that Voxengo has plugins for almost all occasions. The plugins are stable, comfortable, and sound good (at least the ones I've tried). I like this effective simplicity, it's easy to work with, really.

I'm wondering if I should take the full bundle or some of the individual plugins would be enough for me. Therefore, I will ask: what Voxengo plugins do you like the most? And why?

Thank you for the answers, it will help me a lot.
I highly recommend buying the whole bundle. It is really an insane deal. It's nice too because; at least for the last 2 years, every time a new plugin comes out I have got it for free. It is an insane value regardless though.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

MSEG. And I really wonder why nobody mentioned CRTIV Chorus yet!

Crunchessor and VariSaturator.

CRTIV Reverb, Tape Bus, Warmifier, mostly. Warmifier has no equal in the box, honestly.

I have several others like Marquis, Crunchessor, OVC-128, HarmoniQ, etc and although I don't reach for them first, I'm slowly picking them up.

There are many unique and clever features in Voxengo plugins, and the sound quality is top notch (true 64-bit processing, oversampling etc). You just have to look past the uninspiring (but very practical and functional) GUIs.

Am I the only person that finds Voxengo GUIs kind of appealing? I like the oldschool, "vintage" look of old plugins which is what Voxengo GUIs remind me of. I kind of dislike the futuristic, overly animated look of some of the newer plugins.

They are much more consistent now. Back in the day they came in all shapes and sizes. A lot of people hated the look(s) but loved the sound.

It's a good time to be getting into Voxengo as they are now actively sponsoring YouTube Channel's to make Videos for their products. Prior to this, there was very little to be seen.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Michey wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:58 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:16 pm SPAN, MSED, Stereo Touch, Overtone/Marcel GEQ, Oldskool Verb.
WOW almost exactly like me ! :tu: (I'll add TubeAmp + CRTIV Tape Bus)
Hehe great minds think alike :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

VoxFormer... :shrug:

Elephant and SPAN are in every project. Oldskoolverb and Boogex get regular use as well.

Sound Delay.
It's a must have for any engineer.
Also: it's free.

https://www.voxengo.com/product/sounddelay
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”