what has made you happy today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
clueless
KVRAF
5776 posts since 10 Mar, 2003 from Music Shed #8

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:48 pm

gone right off cities...

hear you on the mum thing too, although too late for that here sadly

i'm in widnes of all places fairly often. put the kettle on :)

vurt
addled muppet weed
71143 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 pm

:lol: why the hell would anyone come here?

its a weird town, we have far more hairdressers and barbers than we could possibly need!
because everyone studies hairdressing at the college its all we have :lol:
that, second hand shops, takeaways and supermarkets.
absolutely nothing of interest!!!

i mean, some nice bits, parks n what have you, but nothing i could ever say "oh if youre passing through, you really need to see..." nope!

clueless
KVRAF
5776 posts since 10 Mar, 2003 from Music Shed #8

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:59 pm

vurt wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 pm

its a weird town, we have far more hairdressers and barbers than we could possibly need!

i mean, some nice bits, parks n what have you, but nothing i could ever say "oh if youre passing through, you really need to see..." nope!
i rehearse/record there sometimes.

Otherwise... :scared: :hihi:

vurt
addled muppet weed
71143 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:08 pm

at the studio?

WatchTheGuitar
KVRAF
3167 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 pm

vurt wrote:

tbf you’ve just described about 90% of English towns, well apart from the hairdresser thing, that’s a bit odd alright.

Hink
Rad Grandad
32287 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:07 pm

clueless wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:59 pm
vurt wrote:

i rehearse/record there sometimes.

Otherwise... :scared: :hihi:
you both ought to jump on a plane or a boat and hang out here in the woods of Maine :tu:

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:48 pm

nm

cptgone
KVRAF
6877 posts since 1 Aug, 2003

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:04 am

Hink wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:48 pm
I have embraced my extreme eldertude and spent the summer getting use to being an golden ager.
So have I.
KVR is turning into a home for the elderly and clueless ;)

e-crooner
KVRAF
2193 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:27 am

My Korg Midi keyboard stopped working properly about a year ago. I thought there was a problem with the driver or the hardware itself as it turned itself off and on randomly.
However, it has been working perfectly for three weeks now. And what have I changed since then? I have replaced my mouse, which behaved increasingly weirdly. Is it possible a malfunctioning USB mouse affects the functioning of another USB device connected to a totally different USB port? It would also mean that the mouse started to malfunction long before I noticed.

Either way, I am happy I got my keyboard back, it is nice to have 5 octaves and a working pitch wheel again :) Oddly, my old Roland keyboard that I was using again for months, did not malfunction when I was still using the same malfunctioning mouse. Strange...

WatchTheGuitar
KVRAF
3167 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:48 am

work in local gov and the union has finally settled on a pay rise which we’ve been waiting on since April. Nothing amazing, but it’ll get backdated so I can pay off what’s left on my Deepmind12 and gives me more options if a real bargain drops around Black Friday. Though I must say that new Poly Brute is really tempting.

jancivil
KVRAF
20444 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:11 am

signed up for insurance (Double Advantage Medicare) which leverages a combination of Medi-Cal and Medicare so I can get my dental work for zero cost to me. As I was about to get kicked out of Skilled Nursing I learned I could have had that in that situation so I knew it wasn't impossible.

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:38 am

I'm really happy to hear that Jan, when I got my trust I got one of the care credit cards and immediately did almost 5k worth of dental work. I was using a temp partial made in 2001 and this was 2017. Dental issues just absolutely suck the life out of everything, I dont really care how my smile looks but I sure like to chew and be pain free. The VA in my hometown built an amazing dental clinic and then said it was only for retirees, active duty, dependents of both or those with 100% service connected disability, you would walk by and the dentists and nurses were sometimes the only ones in there :?

I need to look into this DAM, I am not doing the VA here in Maine because the dr I got was an ass to me. Believe it or not he kept telling me he could not access my records from when I lived in Mass so he wanted to start from scratch on me and try everything that didn't work. I went to a local clinic (non VA) for my meds (where Asher goes for his T-shots)...ty Jan for posting this. :tu:

jancivil
KVRAF

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:29 am

Facebook hipped me to this plan, I signed up and the entity called me in a few minutes. I had signed up for a plan which cost 16.04 a month, and this plan involves that insurer but the money is obviated by the plan. I have to ditch my Humana but it wasn't doing much more than getting rid of most of my copay at the pharmacy. All generics will be zero co-pay, the fancier brand name scrips would carry a minimal co-pay. There is a dentist who accepts the plan a few blocks up, a bonus.

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:31 am

ty :)

jancivil
KVRAF

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:09 am

t'was a sponsored post, Better Life Tipp that led me to this, just saw it again; the hook was "Whoa. This is pretty sweet for anyone needing dental implants." The actual page /medicare-advantage-how-to-get-your-medical-bills-covered/ .
I followed one of the links regarding California coverage.

Return to “Off Topic”