Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
revvy
KVRAF
1709 posts since 15 Feb, 2020

Post Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:38 pm

zacha wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:36 pm
quietzone wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:47 am
revvy wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:42 am
Did anyone find out if an RX Elements 7 license that's not been activated yet magically converts into an Elements 8 license?
If it was a freebie I'd say no, though izotope freebie serials are not different to retail ones from what I've seen. Like the current trash2 PB freebie looks like a regular retail one, with no mention of NFR on the serial. Definitely worth registering it and reaching out to support for grace period. izotope support is friendly and competent, and may grant the update for free.
I gave mine away as well, so I don’t know either. But last time it was just automatic: on entering the code it just became the current version.

It is certainly well within the grace periods they’ve offered in the past, but they didn’t mention one this time :shrug:
OK, here goes then...

ALL: anyone need RX7 Elements for free (possibly it'll grant you access to ver 8, I don't know) and always assuming that you only need the unused serial number I have (I won't be giving out my full name, email address or suchlike)? EDIT: gone

I'll edit this post if/when it goes.

EDIT: license gone

sqigls
KVRAF
4406 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:21 am

all this hoo haa about presets in the bargain thread, and a new thread being created...
obviously the 'presets' line is drawn at Kontakt presets and sample libraries?...
are we gonna make a "Kontakt and Sample Bargains" thread?
How do presets get pushed into a new thread and samples stay?
At least presets are for plugins.

ATS
KVRAF
6863 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:24 am

sqigls wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:21 am
all this hoo haa about presets in the bargain thread, and a new thread being created...
obviously the 'presets' line is drawn at Kontakt presets and sample libraries?...
are we gonna make a "Kontakt and Sample Bargains" thread?
How do presets get pushed into a new thread and samples stay?
At least presets are for plugins.
lol yeah I rather see a separate thread for sample libraries than presets. But all in all I rather just see them all in once thread.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

sqigls
KVRAF

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:34 am

I'm hesitant to use the "foe" feature cos I might miss out on some random awesome bargain somewhere :P

now THAT kids - is GAS

revvy
KVRAF
1709 posts since 15 Feb, 2020

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:42 am

One in 5 posts were about presets/samples when I checked so it means that if the mods implement it, after the presets go we'll prolly have to put up with 1/10 posts being about samples. I think we'll all be just fine.

Tomgu
KVRist
248 posts since 8 Sep, 2014

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:07 am

I use this thread as a kind of filter for the Bargains Only thread. I usually check only this thread, because the best deals are most of the time discussed here. But then again, there is a lot of talk about presets in this thread! :D

toffo
KVRist
31 posts since 1 Aug, 2016

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:42 am

I'd put samples and presets together. Kontakt instruments are a playable instrument on their own, similar to a VSTi (which is a plugin).

Just my 2c and there will be others with different viewpoints, and that's cool.

sqigls
KVRAF

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:09 am

in the words of Jello Biafra
"where do you draw the line?
I'm not telling you, i'm asking you."

dzilizzi
KVRian
1339 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:13 am

I think we wouldn't have these problems if the preset guys were more respectful of our eyes. Half a page for something I find totally useless in multiple print sizes and colors helps neither of us. I refuse to buy from someone who thinks this is okay.

lotus2035
KVRAF
4310 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:27 am

I don't spend a lot on plugins these days but was happy to pick up Drumazon and Nepheton dirt cheap recently, now I'm hoping that Nithonat and Phosycon will follow suit soon. #cheapskate :party:

WatchTheGuitar
KVRAF
3167 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 am

lotus2035 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:27 am
I don't spend a lot on plugins these days but was happy to pick up Drumazon and Nepheton dirt cheap recently, now I'm hoping that Nithonat and Phosycon will follow suit soon. #cheapskate :party:
To celebrate 808 day Roland Cloud recently let you use their 808 for a month without needing a full sub so I thought I'd nick some of their presets via MIDI export to use with Nepheton, but they all sounded terrible. Nearly wrote a strongly worded email to D16 before I far too late realised you have to manually switch between the channels that share things like claves, congas and toms on the 'real' 808 :dog:

Harry_HH
KVRAF
4304 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:21 am

Veery badass information concerning the product JRR sells:
not any hint in the JRR site, that the Audio Badass 2 is 32 bit only.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=262151&start=16350

--------
"
0% off Boz Digital Pan Knob, now $19 instead of $39:
https://www.jrrshop.com/boz-digital-pan-knob-plugin

50% off Tone Empire OptoRED optical compressor, now $39 instead of $79:
https://www.jrrshop.com/tone-empire-optored

75% off TEK'IT Audio Badass 2 multi-effects distortion, now $22 instead of $89:
https://www.jrrshop.com/tek-it-audio-badass
Eric Dahlberg
JRR Shop
http://www.jrrshop.com"

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
4642 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:46 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:02 pm
66% off Soundtoys Effect Rack, now $99 instead of $299 for 14 of Soundtoys' most sought after plugins:
https://www.jrrshop.com/soundtoys-effect-rack
What a deal! With the Group code even better.
Very temped, but I have already too many FX.
Is that possible?

Will be spending money on Plasmonic and Vital soon.
Architect is still a contender.
But then I will not upgrade to Komplete 13.
Two months to Black Friday so may save now to spend later.

Insanelysane
KVRian
731 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Harry_HH wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:21 am
Veery badass information concerning the product JRR sells:
not any hint in the JRR site, that the Audio Badass 2 is 32 bit only.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=262151&start=16350

--------
"
0% off Boz Digital Pan Knob, now $19 instead of $39:
https://www.jrrshop.com/boz-digital-pan-knob-plugin

50% off Tone Empire OptoRED optical compressor, now $39 instead of $79:
https://www.jrrshop.com/tone-empire-optored

75% off TEK'IT Audio Badass 2 multi-effects distortion, now $22 instead of $89:
https://www.jrrshop.com/tek-it-audio-badass
Eric Dahlberg
JRR Shop
http://www.jrrshop.com"
I sadly had a very bad experience lately with Jrrshop over Xhun Audio IronAxe which is 32bit only but was not mentioned anywhere on the Jrrshop product page. I then had a convoluted refund chase which ended with me feeling that Jrrshop gave poor customer service, with the money refunded after 2 months and only after my chasing repeatedly.

Its really the vendors obligation to state whether something they are selling is limited or not compatible to say a Mac only product or only 32bit format, its just asking for trouble otherwise.

quietzone
KVRist
404 posts since 19 Jun, 2019

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:32 am

Hink wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:10 am
Ceej wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:50 pm
Hink wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:07 pm
Also of course the no chat posts are history, no chat is no chat
Appears that was directed at my post and the follow-ups thereto, so I apologize.

@Hink, as a site admin, would you be able to sticky the new preset packs thread? And can you suggest how we should inform preset vendors of the new thread?
I can if it's decided to be so, we need to talk it over among the mods and Ben. I voted in that thread "I dont care"...fact is if the majority of the members want it I'm inclined to go with that but it's not my decision to make.

I will say I do have a concern, the Sell & Buy forum is a pita, look at my stickies about the 48 hour bump rule. They are up because no one likes to read the rules and we get tons of reports all the time on the bump rule as well as multiple threads. The point being I put two stickies and now no one reads the rules or my stickies.

I cant answer how to inform the vendors because the fact is people do not read the rules on forums in general, they assume the rules are what they expect them to be. The result will be myself and mods moving posts and sending out PMs a lot, especially at first. TBH I have no problem with that, it is what it is and if the majority of the members are wanting this I will advocate for this...please give us time to sort this some and please people use the poll thread, discuss it in one place so we can get a better grasp and I will prune the thread of further OT rants, attacks and such. :)
That's great to hear Hink. Thanks for taking the community's feedback into account.

As to policing the new thread, I'll be helping out by reporting stuff to you guys as it happens, as I'm sure others here will.

I'm with you on the 48h rule. Any chance for a software solution to this? Like it checks the difference between the last 2 posts and if it's less than 48h, informs the user that they are breaking the 48h rule and that their post is denied or perhaps scheduled to be published when the 48h are up? If it's a false positive, they can appeal, but that'd offload quite a bunch of work.
Maybe keep track of starting multiple threads too? Because that seems prevalent also, new thread everyday, with a bump for every calculated new item for sale drip, or an unneeded update on things sold (better bump for that as editing the original post doesn't convey an item being sold....).
This would be quite easy to do with something like Selenium WebDriver browser automation, if for some reason you don't want to touch the backend.
Last edited by quietzone on Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”