AKAI LPK25 Top seven notes missing

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The manual says it outputs MIDI notes 0 - 127 but pressing the up/down octave buttons only gives me access to MIDI note numbers 0 - 120.
How do I get at the top 7 notes.

Kirsty

Tried it on my Mpk Mini Mk II, same thing, it stops at C9 while my MPK61 goes to G9, the maximum in the MIDI spec.
Why do you need such high notes? C9 is over 8 KHz whlile G9 is 12.5 KHz. Are you making music for bats and dogs?

Maybe there's also a transpose function you can switch to +7 semitones?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:20 pm Maybe there's also a transpose function you can switch to +7 semitones?
Good point, if I transpose the entire keyboard using the Akai Editor, I can reach G9 :party: Not sure if the LPK25 comes with a software editor as well...

:tu: Found it. There's a Transposition option in the software editor, which I never installed :oops:
Pity it can't be done directly on the hardware.
AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:27 pm Tried it on my Mpk Mini Mk II, same thing, it stops at C9 while my MPK61 goes to G9, the maximum in the MIDI spec.
Why do you need such high notes? C9 is over 8 KHz whlile G9 is 12.5 KHz. Are you making music for bats and dogs?
I wrote some code for my modular synth to reverse the keyboard, so MIDI notes 0 to 127 become 127 to 0. Trying to test it on my Akai I found the top 7 notes missing.

Kirsty

for left handed keyboard players?

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:44 pm for left handed keyboard players?
...or stand with your back to the keyboard and play with your hands behind your back.
Try it :lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”