Xhun Audio : ResonHeart - mechanical synthesizer - updated to version 1.0.7 (sound design toolkit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ResonHeart

@Halonmusic :
thank you !

@wltchris101 :
no problem ! Time ago I remember I had some incompatibilities (IPlug) with certain Hosts when trying to transfer the preset name to the DAW. So I undoubtly decided for "stability first" - then, you can always name your tracks as the presets you used for it (I always took this way, it's also simpler to see). I'm really curious to see if IPlug2 will make the presets handling simpler...

@BlackWinny:
thank you for the link :) - got it, too much hassle, I thought there was an hidden feature in the account's settings to quickly change it but that's not the case.
Last edited by xhunaudio on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

...oops, I made a double post. Deleted.

:-D :hihi: :hug:

Hi Bruno, thanks a lot for making this possible even if you have not planned it, ordered as soon as it was availabe, now waiting for the serial

:tu: :party:

No problem at all - really :) - you're welcome and thank you so much for your support !

Ooops,

the current version of ResonHeart seems to have a bug with the LOAD and SAVE buttons (2x GUI only). It will be fixed in the next updates.

My apologies for the inconvenience !

How far did you get with implementing MPE???

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:52 am How far did you get with implementing MPE???
I recently checked it (I didn't remember exactly how far I introduced it at launch). Its internal architecture is well suited for MPE. A basic compatibility will be available with the next updates (with pitch bend = +-24 semitones, control of all midi channels at the same time,etc.).

New products are coming, so its a real fatigue to keep also all updates at the same time... :phew:

Yeah, voice per channel would be already super cool...

Yes - instead, generally speaking, I currently don't know how far I'll push on MPE.

On products like IronAxe, MPE makes sense (indeed I released IronAxe in 2012 and from the beginning it had a "MIDI Guitar control mode" - and its engine is/was 99% compatible with (what would be known as) MPE, years before this standard was introduced for the first time).

But in other designs, I think MPE is not *strictly* a priority.

Hi,

ResonHeart has just been updated to version 1.0.5. This update introduced a fix / correction for the Preset Load and Save buttons. Their behaviour is now correct with also the 2x GUI.

Product page :

https://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.ph ... resonheart

I know your software's not compatible with Catalina. Do you plan on eventually supporting it or have you decided against pursuing Mac support after Mojave?

Hi,

My softwares can be run on macOS Catalina using several known workarounds :

( https://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php?page=support )

Xhun Audio softwares simply do not adhere to current Apple's development guidelines, recently (and unilaterally) imposed by Apple itself.

About this matter, Catalina is just the beginning. OpenGL will follow, together with many other furher changes determined by the introduction of Apple's silicon.

I'll make an update if/when all this Apple stuff will be clear, solid (and working without issues).

Anyway, as I started before, LittleOne and ResonHearth are macOS (Intel silicon) compatible. For confirmation, just download and install the demo version - in order to fully verify if they work on your macOS system. Trying the demo version of any product before buying is something that it's always recommended. :)
Last edited by xhunaudio on Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maybe a bit off-topic, but it also worth mentioning that very likely in the next future of pro audio industry, the "pre-compiled plugins" standards may be replaced by things like SOUL (soul.dev).

That approach would change everything (in better).

So, I think the entire pro audio industry should query itself about what is the best way to take for the future format of software plugins, instead of just obey any new "diktat" coming from some private Companies.

Hi,

an Expansion (the first one) for ResonHeart will be released soon. Since it will be a non-ordinary Expansion, maybe it worths a brief introduction. :)

ResonHeart is a very strange beast, with a very original tone generation engine - so, difficoult to program for sound designers (also for me...).

This Expansion will simplify the presets design process. It's a collection of about 40 presets but, when loaded, each of this presets will affect just a specific section of the synthesis system. A group of presets affect only the UHR (Universal Helmoltz Resonators) tuning, another group of presets affect only the UHR embouchures, etc.

You can combine each preset from each different group to make your patch/preset, in just a matter of seconds (really).

This Expansion will be released soon, and if my explanation has not been fully clear, just ask :)

Hi,

ResonHeart has just been updated to version 1.0.7 : full compatibility with the upcoming Woodcraft Kits Expanson (the special toolkit I mentioned above) and also some minor fixes on the GUI side (and for GUI elements).

In addiition, I also updated the online (web) Presets Generator engine, which lets you generate random presets for ResonHeart (as well as for LittleOne) with just one click !

The price is 35$ per click. Just kidding, it's 100% free of course :)

The Presets Generator :
https://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.ph ... _generator

Return to “Instruments”