New MAAT Gonio Meter FREE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Excellent little guy. I always have one open. This is a very responsive one and now my new default. Simple, and great.

https://www.maat.digital/gon/?mc_cid=87 ... 79301e1301

What useful information do you gain by looking at the display ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I can't see this to be any competition for 2CAudio's Vector

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=536791
https://www.2caudio.com/products/vector#_overview

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:44 amWhat useful information do you gain by looking at the display ?
According to the MAAT website this is a "A free, universal visualization plug" that "quickly conveys global trends and troubles, with a visual out–of–phase warning built in" e.g. You can see life on earth phasing out.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Does it show the stereo "spectrum" (phase differences) :?:
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael L wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:27 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:44 amWhat useful information do you gain by looking at the display ?
According to the MAAT website this is a "A free, universal visualization plug" that "quickly conveys global trends and troubles, with a visual out–of–phase warning built in" e.g. You can see life on earth phasing out.
who needs a meter for that?

Michael L wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:27 pm
So nothing musically useful then. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It's basically a 2D oscilloscope comparing two inputs (in this case, left and right channels). There's one built into Voxengo MSED. If the display trends more horizontal than vertical, it's a sign of poor phase correlation -- but a correlometer is much clearer to read. (I like Voxengo Correlometer the best since it shows you which frequency bands have a problem, so you can target a mid/side EQ to deal with it.)

Also a goniometer makes pretty shapes if you use it to compare two oscillators. You can tell when they're perfectly in tune and have a harmonic relationship because the image doesn't move, which can be useful for FM/PM synthesis in a modular setup. For instance: if I have one sine at a 3:7 ratio to another one, that's a stable harmonic relationship... but raising the 3:7 one by about 63 cents is another stable harmonic relationship. It's kind of a fun exercise I guess, but honestly it's more practical to just use your ears :P

Cool. thanks for the heads up
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:44 am What useful information do you gain by looking at the display ?
Stereo as I'm sure you're aware.. how much you have out of phase mostly, but they also show clipping/limiting really well. I like them alot just as a visual reminder of what stereo values are especially for reverb and delays, synthesizing stereo bass, small shifts in balance etc.... it's just another meter, but i'm really used to always referring to one. Stereo can be a bit weird and it helps me translate what I'm hearing.

The 2Caudio one is excellent as well, but for some reason having certain other plugins open means that it's display freezes and skips arbitrarily. There's nice parameters on it. There's another decent simple one from audec for free.

Debutante wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:14 am The 2Caudio one is excellent as well, but for some reason having certain other plugins open means that it's display freezes and skips arbitrarily.
I have not encountered this, but then I have not spent alot of time with it open. Would you mind name some of the plugins, preferable free ones?

Kr3eM wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:44 pm
Debutante wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:14 am The 2Caudio one is excellent as well, but for some reason having certain other plugins open means that it's display freezes and skips arbitrarily.
I have not encountered this, but then I have not spent alot of time with it open. Would you mind name some of the plugins, preferable free ones?
Very strange happenings with the aforementioned audec VST3 Freebie TOGETHER with khs stereo widening plugin also free. With both meter GUIs open - if I reduce the width in khs Stereo to nothing, then the 2CAudio Vector interface becomes completely unresponsive - and there is a delay in any command until I either close the audec interface OR widen the stereo in khs!?!?!?. Weirdest bug I've ever had. Maybe I can find a good free screen recorder or good demo to record this because it's 100% reproducable. There's others as well, just not entirely sure which ones.

...and here, I got a video of this. especially the freezing of the GUI here

https://streamable.com/miwym4

...and kickass FREE screen recorder that I downloaded and setup in 2 clicks and was using first time to get this video here

https://obsproject.com/

Debutante wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:58 pm ...and here, I got a video of this. especially the freezing of the GUI here

https://streamable.com/miwym4
Thanks,

I had a look into to this and come to the conclusion that the faulty plugin here is Audec Vectorscope 2. When it's open it will create lag/freeze issues not only on 2CAudio Vector but on Vengeance Scope as well, almost 100% indentical to the behaviour on 2CAudio.

Close Audec and the problem is gone. However MAAT has no issues playing nice with Audec but as I see it the fault does not lies with 2CAudio. Obviously this is a question for the developers to look into...for all I know, all of them can have a GUI framework issue.

A funny thing is that I only got issues when Audec Vectorscope's size is set to 400 while using 500 like you did in you video the issues is not present anymore, only when size is set to 400 does it happens for me. Running Reaper 6 on win7.

For me as a user, Audec is the plugin which creates compability issues....however time will tell if these kind of issues appears with other plugins, I have yet to encountered Vengeance Scope to behave this way before and I have had open and running on my second display very frequent...so I assume 2CAudio will be just as compatible with my other stuff.

...Should also note that I had to make extreme settings to trigger this behaviour with Click & Pops in Melda NoiseGenerator and MSED set to MID -24 / SIDE +13 / MIDPAN -45.5 / SIDEPAN 0.0 - Not really sure how often or I would end up with such a situation if at all...at least not running Audec Vectorscope 2 AND 2CAudio Vector at the same time. Anyhow, if I used a oscillator and made a wide sinus pulse I could not trigg this behaviour, probably due to I had bigger movements/diffirences so it could be a some de/normalization issue...but that's a pure guess.

Return to “Effects”