Your top 5 synth/sampler not in VST form as of yet.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm sure it is.

Which leads me to another problem: To demo any of their plugins, I need to subscribe. I get a 30 days free sub, but, that's hardly enough to try out their whole catalogue.

Complaints complaints. But, they really make it hard for me to get interested in their plugins. Or, let's rather say the interest is there, but they make it hard to feed my interest.

Whether Cloud is a success or failure is all a bit opaque, only Roland and their bankers know, but the reshuffle they did recently to bring in the new ZEN-core plugin and lower subscription levels suggests they're looking at new income streams so maybe there's a chance that some of the lifetime Legendary series plugins will be offered cheaper in a sale at some point, maybe something will happen around Black Friday.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Its amazing that no one has been able to make a precise emulation of the first virtual analog synth ever made: Clavias Nord Lead. I know about DiscoDSP Discovery but it does not come close to the original sound wise. I have never heard a plugin that can emulate the sound the FM in the Nord Lead 1 or 2.
Really weird since its digital and was made in what.. 1995?
Still has its own place.

NM

I miss my Oberheim Matrix 1000. No one has made a VST that makes me not miss it.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

1 ensoniq vfx
2 yamaha sy77
3 akai ax80
4 kurzweil 1000PX
5 matrix 1000
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Hmm...

1. Kawai K-5
2. Peavey DPM
3. EMU Morpheus (Ultra-Proteus)
4. Yamaha EX5
5. Roland V-Synth-GT

+ Bonus drum machine: Roland R-70

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:12 pm -yamaha fs1r
-Roland v synth
-korg prophecy
-korg mod7
We have pretty similar taste by the looks of things!

I'd like
  • Korg Z1 (i.e. polyphonic prophecy)
  • Yamaha FSR1
  • Kawai K5000
  • Casio VZ-1 (with a modernised UI!)
  • Roland V-synth

Effectsworks wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:24 pm EMU 6400 Ultra. That's the one I really want or an Akai.
The Emulator X software has been around for a long time, unfortunately it has been discontinued. I've read some reports of ppl being able to run it on Win7 or Win10, be it with going thru a lot of hoops to get it working. I didn't like the software tho, the workflow was terrible. I only used it a couple of times just for those Z-Plane filters.
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:24 pm The Emulator X software has been around for a long time, unfortunately it has been discontinued.
That's true... I wish that sampler was still available and updated. I'm on a mac now as well.

Man, those Z-plane filters are something else! :)

Effectsworks wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:31 pm
dionenoid wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:24 pm The Emulator X software has been around for a long time, unfortunately it has been discontinued.
That's true... I wish that sampler was still available and updated. I'm on a mac now as well.

Man, those Z-plane filters are something else! :)
Yeah they were. Especially back in the days when other samplers only had a standard low-pass filter or maybe an extra hi-pass :D
More BPM please

FS1R would be great as software, the hardware is seriosly almost impossible to program (spend days trying to make a certain sound). I had one, and in the end I used presets only.... got rid of it pretty quickly.

Crumar GDS/Synergy.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Korg Prophecy
Waldorf Pulse
Access Virus (though Viper is great!)
MAM MB33 (not exactly a 303)
Not sure, Prophecy again...

Since selling my hardware and working ITB only, i am hoping for a Prophecy VSTi.
Oddly enough, i tried replacing the Prophecy with a Z1 which never worked for me. Some were blaming the „better“ converters, but besides sounding differently, for me it was more of a workflow thing. So, as much as i hope that one day the Prophecy will exist as VSTi, i am prepared to be disappointed...

Roland V-Synth
Yamaha VL1
Ensoniq Fizmo or ZR
Yamaha FS1r
Kurzweil K2k

Return to “Instruments”