Fuse Audio Labs releases FREE Roger Schult W2395C Baxandall EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RS-W2395C free Neo Classic Baxandall EQ

Turello wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:27 pm Not all DAWs can manage good some latency, especially using parallel compression so, that latency is often bad... A reflection, just for the record... Can fix? :-)
The RS-W2395C has 32 samples of latency, which is due to its linear phase oversampling; any decent DAW should be able to compensate that these days.

Hope that helps.

plexuss wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:04 pm
Symphony Sid wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:58 pm
zvenx wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:35 am I don't think either is red and afaik I am not colour blind.
rsp
Yeah, Plex is obviously pulling a Monty Python-esque prank on us!
Ha! Is there a way to control the colour of the traces in Plugin Doctor? The one with the flat extension over 20k is Fuse. :clap:

BTW I A/B compared the two and frankly I don't hear much a difference. If there is, it would take a closer listen. So for me, they are close enough to be the same.

If you notice a difference let us know where.
There is a difference in the souncloud files you posted. Enough to have a preference for one over the other.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:43 am
plexuss wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:04 pm Ha! Is there a way to control the colour of the traces in Plugin Doctor? The one with the flat extension over 20k is Fuse. :clap:

BTW I A/B compared the two and frankly I don't hear much a difference. If there is, it would take a closer listen. So for me, they are close enough to be the same.

There is a difference in the souncloud files you posted. Enough to have a preference for one over the other.
Can you share your opinions, Mr. Mysterio? :ud:

I'm pretty much using this as my go-to EQ now. both additive and subtractive.
it's not the most versatile, but that mid band is creamy, and the highs hold up to the best of them.
Very handy! Thank you Ray and Fuse Audio Labs. On the up and up. Nice work!

plexuss wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:33 pm
plexuss wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:04 pm Ha! Is there a way to control the colour of the traces in Plugin Doctor? The one with the flat extension over 20k is Fuse. :clap:

Honestly I don't know how well matched your EQ settings were. On those Soundcloud files Coral2 sounds more open in the high frequencies and has wider stereo.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

sqigls wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:36 am I'm pretty much using this as my go-to EQ now. both additive and subtractive.
there's literally zero difference between the two. there's a pretty good Dan Worrall video on this on YouTube.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

v1o wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:24 pm
plexuss wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:33 pm

Honestly I don't know how well matched your EQ settings were. On those Soundcloud files Coral2 sounds more open in the high frequencies and has wider stereo.
The curves are very well matched, as matched as they can be considering they are two different "takes" from different hardware. I was surprised at how close they could be. I think it has more to do with how you hear things. That's the challenge of the subjevtivity of audio. :phones:

There is that peak on Coral2 vs Fuse from about 4k-15k with a peak at about 7k that would likely make Coral2 sound more open. It's less than 1dB peak however, probably more like 0.7dB. Its possible to hear that especially over such a wide band. Since I couldn't get that peak to occur with Fuse I guess we could say that the curves in Coral2 allow for a slightly more open high end. We could conclude that they sound the same except that Coral2 allow for a but of a bump in the high end making it more open sounding and Fuse is more neutral... something like that.

The RS-W2395C plugin has received a FREE GUI update.

Go here to download the new version.

looks good! Thanks

Too much wood if you ask me. :wink:

e@rs wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:33 am Too much wood if you ask me. :wink:
Revisit that sentiment when you're 90

These new GUI updates are a big step down, so not sure what's going on. They suddenly look amateurish, blurry and cheaply rendered. The old look of VLC-373 and the delay was so much cleaner and space efficient. :(

Is there any difference apart from the wooden side panels? I thought it looked pretty good to begin with.
Still a lovely EQ, I should use it more often...

Clear stylistic improvement to me.
If anything looked amateurish, it was the older version.

These latest GUI restyles are in my opinion great for the most part (with the API-style eq suffering a little from the restyle, with pretty low contrast and looking a little dull in comparison).
But anything else was definitely improved in my view.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Niowiad wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:54 pm Clear stylistic improvement to me.
If anything looked amateurish, it was the older version.

These latest GUI restyles are in my opinion great for the most part (with the API-style eq suffering a little from the restyle, with pretty low contrast and looking a little dull in comparison).
But anything else was definitely improved in my view.
API style EQ? IS that the VQA 154?
If so then I am fully in agreement with you..
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”