Acustica Audio intros Diamond Transient: the easiest-to-use, punch-packing suite signed Studio DMI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Transients cut like diamonds

Developed in collaboration with 3x Grammy® Producer, Mixing & Mastering engineer Luca Pretolesi, Diamond Transient is a two-plugin suite that completely redefines the way you work with dynamics.

Derived from a series of select American dynamic processors, we aimed at creating a tool that would let you easily complete a variety of creative task in just a few moves, and without sacrificing the analog character that made Studio DMI's line of signature plugins a staple in virtually every modern studio.

Instant punch

With Diamond Transient, you can take the experience of one of the world's most recognized gurus of modern sound and easily apply it to your mixes, to shape songs that pack a ridiculous amount of punch, all in just a few seconds.

We have designed both plugins so you can fine tune your settings when you need it and focus on the essential parameters for most of the time.

Chiseling tracks into hits

Diamond Transient is perfect on drums, percussions, guitars, synthesizers as well as whole mixes, making it ideal for creative tasks as well as precision mastering duties.
The outstanding versatility of the suite makes it ideal for virtually any genre, ranging from Electronic, Latin, Rap, and Hip-Hop to the heaviest Metal and Rock.

Details
DIAMOND - TRANSIENT is a bundle consisting of:

DIAMOND LP-3X
DIAMOND DYN-F

For each plugin included in our DIAMOND - TRANSIENT suite, there is a “Standard” version or an alternative “ZL*” version that operates at *zero latency at the cost of extra processing resources and is thus suitable for use when tracking.

Diamond LP-3X
The Transient LP-3X is inspired by a vintage three-band dynamic range enhancer designed in the late ‘80s with the aim of improving the dynamic range of formats that, because of their inherent limitations, were normally compressed. Analog tape anyone? When engaged, the LP-3X exhibits a limited number of controls. Pressing the ‘Fine Tune’ control will show the extra parameters you can tweak to refine your tracks.

Diamond DYN-F
The Transient Dynamic Filter, as the name implies, is a filter which dynamically emphasizes or de-emphasizes low frequencies in the range of 30–500 Hz, following the amplitude of the audio source. As with the LP-3X, engaging the Fine Tune mode, will give you access to a total of 19 controls, for ultimate shaping possibilities.

For details about the installation/authorization process please refer to this page: https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/ho ... r-products

Technical Specs

Core 16
Available sample rates: 44.1kHz | 48kHz | 88.2kHz | 96kHz

Introductory price: €119 (reg. €189) You’ll save 37%!
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pr ... -transient

Very nice!

Is DYN-F a single low band version of LP-3X?

KimFish wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:24 pm Is DYN-F a single low band version of LP-3X?
You could say so, it works in the 30–500 Hz range. It also has a fine-tune mode for even more sculpting.

Sounds nice. But the cpu useage is really high compared to other Aquas (even Gold and Lemon use less here). Any optimizations on the horizon ?
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:34 am Sounds nice. But the cpu useage is really high compared to other Aquas (even Gold and Lemon use less here). Any optimizations on the horizon ?
I don´t know for sure, but within the last several months they´ve been very active optimizing some of their most popular plugins. A few of them I noticed a reduction from 18% down to 8%-9% per instance, without any compromises in sound. That makes everything so much better.
This particular plugin, the dbx expander, seems to be mostly aimed towards mastering, so I'm not sure where their priorities about optimization may be. As is, in my i9 maxed-out machine it takes 16% which is a lot, even for mastering purposes.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Tried it again but geez. Not dedicating my whole pc to an Acoustica Audio plugin. I would consider it still if I knew for sure they planned on optimizing it but not on a maybe they will maybe they won't basis.It's a bit frustrating because they make really good plugins. I have a bunch of them.

escalona wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:48 pm
dionenoid wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:34 am Sounds nice. But the cpu useage is really high compared to other Aquas (even Gold and Lemon use less here). Any optimizations on the horizon ?
I don´t know for sure, but within the last several months they´ve been very active optimizing some of their most popular plugins. A few of them I noticed a reduction from 18% down to 8%-9% per instance, without any compromises in sound. That makes everything so much better.
This particular plugin, the dbx expander, seems to be mostly aimed towards mastering, so I'm not sure where their priorities about optimization may be. As is, in my i9 maxed-out machine it takes 16% which is a lot, even for mastering purposes.
Yeah results vary. Tried it in several projects ; in some it doesn't go above 5%, but others around 20%, which is pretty weird considering i'm using the same plug-in and even the same settings.

But might grab it anyway, i like what it does on some stuff. Not exclusively for mastering tho.
More BPM please

Our developer team is constantly working to optimize the CPU demand.
We just updated our free plug-in Coffee the Pun, Amber, Coffee, and Purple with an improved sound processing and less CPU consumption.

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up buying Diamond and Amber rationalizing that I'd rather be able to use it on some music than none.Knowing you guys are planning on optimizing makes the decision an even better one.

Acustica Community wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:07 pm Our developer team is constantly working to optimize the CPU demand.
We just updated our free plug-in Coffee the Pun, Amber, Coffee, and Purple with an improved sound processing and less CPU consumption.
That's good to hear, I'm tying Amber, one instance of the compressor in Studio One is using 30-40% on a 8 core CPU, maybe time for a upgrade.
Its all so different in Reaper, though. What's the deal?
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

It's all about how each DAW handles the resources and processing threads, Reaper being the most efficient one on this.
https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/supp ... erformance

Acustica Community wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:07 pm
Our developer team is constantly working to optimize the CPU demand.
Thanx for the info. Did already buy it. :tu:
More BPM please

https://youtu.be/DHLX7lOSqG4

Diamond Transient changes the way you work with dynamics: tutorial by Luca Pretolesi of Studio DMI

Return to “Effects”