Kontakt basic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't use K much so far so here's a basic question.. When I open the KOntakt player it opens with my 3 part multi instrument I put together
last year. I can't seem to get out of that screen. Where is all the other K instrument preset stuff..?
Secondly,Is there a aftermarket free KOntakt add on that just gives you simple clean vst choices and skips most of all the obscure menu choices that hardly ever get used...?

So at some point you used the "Save as default multi" command, I guess. So remove those 3 instruments that are loaded, and do "Save as default multi" again.

As for the other instruments, check the Libraries tab, or browse to where you have your Kontakt sample libraries installed in Files tab.

The answer to second question is: no.

any videos that show how to set up the GUI to show a more simple screen with preset choices
and vst choices simplified..?

You have the mini mode in top right of Kontakt's interface (last button before CPU meter). Not sure what you mean by "VST choices simplified". Kontakt doesn't load VSTs, it loads sample libraries. You can use Quickload if you want your own organization for the libraries you have - read up in the manual about it (or just google it).

Return to “Instruments”