Favorite synths for pads

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GRUMP wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:13 pm The Synth Pads have all been made and evoke immediate Ear Fatigue today. The Sampl/Romplers will soon finish their Job and bury all the Synth Garbage under their spectral Wealth.
Not with me, I still like to hear nice simple pads used 30 or 40 years ago :)

GRUMP wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:13 pm The Synth Pads have all been made and evoke immediate Ear Fatigue today. The Sampl/Romplers will soon finish their Job and bury all the Synth Garbage under their spectral Wealth.
old sounds are no longer nice/useful when they were before?
like how no one likes the piano or acoustic guitar anymore...

Old school usage of pads as addition to other basic instruments in a composition is nice,but modern pads evolve to new sonic territory,i like to try old school with experimental ideas as composition and sound.

e-crooner wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:18 pm Pads are such a huge drawer. I like old-skool pads, such as brass pads, soft background pads, static pads, Fairlight choir pads, etc.
I don't like dynamic pads that change over time, intangible atmospheric pads, messy pads that are all over the frequency spectrum, etc.
For my favorite types of pads a good subtractive synth is enough.
Never underestimate the Power of the Wavetable. Static Pads are all about the Spectrum and its Balance - VA just suck here.

And on the other Hand: check th Unison Capabilitys and the Chorus/Ensemble section. Some Ponys like Zebra or Repro don´t deliver here. They can neither space nor swim. Compare them to Blue, Predator and especially Dune maybe. Their ModFX are a Shame and the Unison is unpleasant.

So much about that - but I admit that I never user VA. It´s much too boring. I have recently made some really nice static additive Pads with the MSF. And don´t forget Razor and Harmor. And always Halion in the End.

vurt wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:30 pm
old sounds are no longer nice/useful when they were before?
like how no one likes the piano or acoustic guitar anymore...
Vurt - I must admit that I didn´t expect you not to think about YOU first. There seem yet to be some good Character Propertys inside you :/

GRUMP wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:14 pm
e-crooner wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:18 pm Pads are such a huge drawer. I like old-skool pads, such as brass pads, soft background pads, static pads, Fairlight choir pads, etc.
I don't like dynamic pads that change over time, intangible atmospheric pads, messy pads that are all over the frequency spectrum, etc.
Never underestimate the Power of the Wavetable. Static Pads are all about the Spectrum and its Balance - VA just suck here.

And on the other Hand: check th Unison Capabilitys and the Chorus/Ensemble section. Some Ponys like Zebra or Repro don´t deliver here. They can neither space nor swim. Compare them to Blue, Predator and especially Dune maybe. Their ModFX are a Shame and the Unison is unpleasant.

So much about that - but I admit that I never user VA. It´s much too boring. I have recently made some really nice static additive Pads with the MSF. And don´t forget Razor and Harmor. And always Halion in the End.

I like pads (and synths in general) like on this song for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewt2ybYEI08

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:05 pm For emotional pads i use Synthmaster One and Synth1,something in their harmonics and character touch i guess,for more classic edm,dance,trance stuff Sylenth1 and V-Station.
Synthmaster One seems amazing value for what it provides.
Atm its only $79, roughly the cost of some competitor expansions.
I just downloaded the demo and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of varied content it offers.
It has a ton of wavetables, a variety of decent filters along with some cool effects and the mod matrix seems to be quite powerful offering a couple of targets and a via per slot. Very flexible.
The Fishman skin also looks very nice.
I can see why you like it Velltone.

pick a synth, pick a patch, slow attack, slow release drench in verb, fav pad.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

e-crooner wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:27 pm
Not with me, I still like to hear nice simple pads used 30 or 40 years ago :)
Ah you see - Prejudice. Just like I thought. "Simple Pads used 30 Yrs ago".

I´m digging those Waves for some Time now and I can tell you: everything else but simple. Rather frequently the Perfection of Simplissity - and everything else but only Analog or FM. Some People even stacked 10 TX7 and worked "additive". And those Guys have put lots of Love and even more Time into their wonderful Creations ;-)

I hate evolving Things anyway btw ;-)

e-crooner wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:24 pm
GRUMP wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:14 pm

I like pads (and synths in general) like on this song for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewt2ybYEI08
Mono Square PWM!°

nm.

DUNE 3....
No auto tune...

Teksonik wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:29 pm
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:03 pm Which synths you consider as 'best' and prefer to use for pads?
For the love of god just stop these "what's the best" threads..... :bang:
Can't understand why is this hate about term 'best' - ok exchanging it,peace out :)
This was something i used to like back in 20 century :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHydngA5C4E

they're all the bloody same!

GRUMP wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:08 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:29 pm
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:03 pm Which synths you consider as 'best' and prefer to use for pads?
For the love of god just stop these "what's the best" threads..... :bang:
Many People don´t like him anymore so don´t be surprised to find a Thread "Best Synth for Synth Sounds" tomorrow.
i take "best synth for having a best synth" thread for 800

but to be less cynical, i second the synthmaster one advice. and it has pretty scifi/horror sounds to.

Return to “Instruments”