Fascist Robot!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

a very nice and playful sounding fascist robot though :)
if only...

Good stuff. I'm impressed.

vurt wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:38 pm a very nice and playful sounding fascist robot though :)
if only...
Thanks! :)
Well, I should have posted the "lyrics" too, as the words are not very intelligible -- the idea was that all the nice and playful people were out dancing to the weird electronic music... but then the fascist robot appears, makes the music stop and with a vocoded robotic voice orders all the raving fun to stop, saying:
( "Lyrics": )
"Stop, stop!
Protest Stop!
Protest Stop!
Protest,
music,
embrace,
suitcase,
fashion
and dance:
they're all banished!"

In the end the robot speaks again and the music really stops -- hence the title "Fascist Robot" :D
Last edited by Axis1~SL61 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mbrendzel wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:15 pm Good stuff. I'm impressed.
Thanks! :D

Nice, enjoyed this one. I don't know why but Vince Clarke came to mind, apart from the vocoder which is not his style, but the opening 40 seconds or so was kind of similar to his Erasure stuff.

Bansaw wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:41 am Nice, enjoyed this one. I don't know why but Vince Clarke came to mind, apart from the vocoder which is not his style, but the opening 40 seconds or so was kind of similar to his Erasure stuff.
Hi, Thanks for listening and commenting, sorry for the very late reply, I've been away from home ( I don't have internet on my cellphone) and only now saw it.

Nice! To me it sounded kind of like the 80s, anyway cool and fun, I enjoyed it.

-Cheers

Reminds me of Vince Clarke and Kraftwerk collaborating. The simple melodies are appealing. The drums could be mixed lower. Good job! :tu:

If only all fascists were this cute. Enjoyable.

Some sounds seemed quiet and lost?

Drums seemed bit too loud?
Just an old bloke who likes listening to a wide range of music. I also fart quite a lot!

Paladin on a Horse wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:44 pm If only all fascists were this cute. Enjoyable.
Some sounds seemed quiet and lost?
Drums seemed bit too loud?
Frantz wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:07 am Reminds me of Vince Clarke and Kraftwerk collaborating. The simple melodies are appealing. The drums could be mixed lower. Good job! :tu:
Thanks, Paladin and Frantz, actually I'm mixing on a pair of Peavey PA speakers that are made for live performances, not studio monitors, which I must admit I badly need, but good ones are really expensive... And yes, I'm a great fan of Kraftwerk and '80s style sounds, especially punchy basses à la Depeche Model :-) , though I almost never listen to post DM Vince Clark...
pekbro wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:09 pm Nice! To me it sounded kind of like the 80s, anyway cool and fun, I enjoyed it.Cheers
Thanks for listening, glad you liked it.

I'm not fascist, but I'm something like a robot sorta sorta:
https://youtu.be/oRw9pZ5WNFU

Yours, it's a fun track, bit too much high end. Mine's a rough and needs bass variance maybe by utilizing phase to a degree furthermore, considering that I employed so much width at various crossover intervals.

Maybe some pads emerging inwards with less punch to avoid grit and automated for the introduction, dark an maybe utilizing limiting with a high release so as to keep the variance down. If you were to add that, to your slower parts of the track it might seem more animated.

Return to “Music Cafe”