Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

OK, That's fair. I'm glad we were able to resolve this before it got out of hand.

Then I won't take what you said personally. At some point in the future we will do our best to create a more sophisticated and standardized user membership system as time permits.

Carrieres, Because if you send me requests like that directly I can work with you and make a subjective decision as to whether or not you are who you say you are based on many factors, but if you try to get to to say publicly in this thread that I will be moving people's accounts around from one email to another on request then that is exactly how hackers will try to get a license. Now do you understand?
Last edited by FathomSynth on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thank you for your response and keep up the good work

FathomSynth wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:08 pmAt some point in the future we will do our best to create a more sophisticated and standardized user membership system as time permits.
:tu:

FathomSynth wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:08 pm Carrieres, Because if you send me requests like that directly I can work with you and make a subjective decision as to whether or not you are who you say you are based on many factors, but if you try to get to to say publicly in this thread that I will be moving people's accounts around from one email to another on request then that is exactly how hackers will try to get a license. Now do you understand?
Now, you are patronizing :ud:
Of course, i understood before your explanation, i just asked that question to show you the possibility to change an email account when your customer lost their original email account.
Anyway, i don't want to derail this thread more, feel free to ignore my answer, good night :hug:

FYI, other companies are allowing customers to change email addresses associated with licenses:
viewtopic.php?t=424216
viewtopic.php?t=533024

One ancient example, and U-he, which are a company with a dedicated support person or two. Ancient times have changed. Fathom is new, and without a team to monitor transactions. Better for the coder to perfect his synth,
than to babysit common email scenarios. Mi dos centavos...
Cheers

A few months ago I moved out of my ISP's service area and the email I had been using for nearly twenty years was deleted by them. Before it was deleted I spent quite a bit of time logging in to dozens of sites where I had purchased software over the years including KVR and changing my address to a gmail account. I was able to successfully change the address on all of them and only a couple required me to send a support request to change the email.

At the time I didn't think about Fathom since I had purchased it through the KVR Marketplace albeit using the old address. I got in very early on and paid next to nothing for Fathom so no big deal either way.

Just posting this to show there are ways to lose an email account that don't have anything to do with user error or incompetence.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

BTW Tricky Loops, if you used a custom domain address, why not moving your domain to another provider and creating a new account with the old domain? It proves it's you (if your domain didn't expire and was bought by someone else).

Jorgeelalto wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:14 am BTW Tricky Loops, if you used a custom domain address, why not moving your domain to another provider and creating a new account with the old domain? It proves it's you (if your domain didn't expire and was bought by someone else).
Because I had other unexpected expenditures for an ISP (for a DSL connection that didn't work but they didn't accept my termination) and couldn't pay the domain provider fees anymore and other providers were even more expensive!

But to show another great example of a customer system - Cableguys!

I logged in with my old Tricky-Loops email address and password, could change my email address and then I got an email with the confirmation and a new password! And all bought products are still on my account page. And there are even special offers.

Nobody expects from one man like Mr. Everett that within weeks he were creating a great customer system like a 100-people company Izotope even with customized downloader.

But at least in several months an account system that goes in the direction of the system of Cableguys or similar small companies.

And I'm sure that other programmers here at KVR would help him to find the resources. It isn't rocket science anymore to create an online shop customer service, so I'm sure there are resources for other account systems, too.

Tricky-Loops wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:46 pm Nobody expects from one man like Mr. Everett that within weeks he were creating a great customer system like a 100-people company Izotope even with customized downloader.
While not a definitive comparison, Izotopes registration software doesn't work in linux, while Fathom's does. In software, better one genious, than a hundred
spaghetti coders who fall short :wink: (and Izotope are not alone in the pasta bowl :dog: )
Cheers

El°HYM wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:59 am I have to agree, especially using Headphones this could cause serious problems. Using the feature in Ableton or Bitwig, the first thing to do is put a safety - limiter on the Master, as even without this could easily Blow up your speakers, too! The 'digital' noise will build up until it becomes a messy cloud (kind of) in Moderation, this can be a very useful Sounddesign tool, yet also (like you said) can cause serious Damage. So All of your Points are absolutely Legit & understandable. I did already get some decent Results with cascading multiple Reverbs, so will try that Tip with the 16 Stage Delay out and it is also true that Fathom is already very capable of creating endless Pads & Drones, in its own way for sure. Many thanks for the explanation & insights about the Audio - routing and safety Guards you implemented & the reasons for that.
There is no feedback in Bitwig as far as I know.

Fathom 3.2 Released.
https://www.fathomsynth.com/buy

Includes Fathom Pro and Fathom Vector.
https://www.fathomsynth.com/updates

If you already purchased the upgrade for 3.0 or 3.1 email support for the free upgrade link.

Fathom Pro here on KVR is now $25.00 for a limited time.

I would love to bring my copy of Fathom up to date, but I have never seen a more convoluted and ever-changing licensing system. Can you please explain what a user has to do to have a current licensed copy of Fathom? Going forward, once I have an up to date version, how many hoops will I have to jump through to keep it up to date?

FathomSynth wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:11 am If you already purchased the upgrade for 3.0 or 3.1 email support for the free upgrade link.
Seems like there might be a line to get in....
FathomSynth wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:08 pm Maybe our ten thousand users would be interested
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:07 pm
El°HYM wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:59 am I have to agree, especially using Headphones this could cause serious problems. Using the feature in Ableton or Bitwig, the first thing to do is put a safety - limiter on the Master, as even without this could easily Blow up your speakers, too! The 'digital' noise will build up until it becomes a messy cloud (kind of) in Moderation, this can be a very useful Sounddesign tool, yet also (like you said) can cause serious Damage. So All of your Points are absolutely Legit & understandable. I did already get some decent Results with cascading multiple Reverbs, so will try that Tip with the 16 Stage Delay out and it is also true that Fathom is already very capable of creating endless Pads & Drones, in its own way for sure. Many thanks for the explanation & insights about the Audio - routing and safety Guards you implemented & the reasons for that.
There is no feedback in Bitwig as far as I know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bSg0d6UcTE
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Return to “Instruments”