Physical modelling - what's good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:44 pm Reaktor modal bank = up to 10.000 partials with independent decay , gain and damping per partial
Can't get any better than that
Here's one I made with just 32 partials
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... show/7735/
This one has been in my Reaktor favorites folder for a long time, and it will stay. Thank you very much for this awesome spectacular addition to the Reaktor user library :hail:

IL Sakura
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

That link to the reaktor example wont work. It just comes up with random redirects. Hope you can fix it!
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

go.skimresources? What's this? :help:
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

benjamind wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:11 am That link to the reaktor example wont work. It just comes up with random redirects. Hope you can fix it!
Works over here , Native instruments always redirect through something we have no control over (sharesale analytics )
Or you could just type my name in the user library search box
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

The Plasmonic thing (seem to be on its way soon) may be very interesting.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

nvm

+1 for Sakura then.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Plucks, dinks, thumps, bells, and various other rim-hits one shots have been overdone with physical modeling for years with countless "modeling' apps or within synth suites. Not to say they aren't good, they just are a dime a dozen and nothing special.

As for what is "good", I can only speak for those I own and use often and they're both exceptional -- Resonans and Pianoteq -- what you can create with both is vast, limited only by your experience working with them. I may end up getting SWAM and Organteq as well, though I don't feel Organteq is worth it (unless you plan on using it a ton) so I've been on the fence -- plus those are both very specific which are not what the OP was asking for.
Have you tried Vital?

Take a look at this series on physical modeling with MSoundFactory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtIOvW-tvfc

Last I checked melda msf didn’t even have a damping per partial parameter , pretty essential since not all parials decay at the same rate ( see my reaktor ens )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

You can do some very interesting stuff with Harmor that sounds like physical modeling, things like strings, wood blocks, gongs, bells, and so on. None of this is really physically accurate, but it is very interesting and highly variable. I made some posts showing this here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=543185&start=60

In that thread, I posted quite a few sound samples.

And if you really want control over partials, nothing really compares to what you can do here with images.

I like Modelonia

Audio demo of Plasmonic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j379Vax ... e=youtu.be

Not the prettiest UI, but pretty cool results.

Reaktor Prism is my favourite, bought on the last BF sale.

Expressivee Noisy, Chromaphone and Pianoteq are fantastic.

Return to “Instruments”