Signature gear where you don't like the artist

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't really pay too much attention to artist's signature guitars tbh. And many of the artists I wouldn't like their music anyway.

But it wouldn't actually stop me buying an instrument per se. If the piece of gear had the right sound, then that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned.

tapper mike wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:40 pm Hasn't Chapman Guitars gone bust?
Not AFAIK, Riff City did though:
https://www.riffcityguitaroutlet.com/pa ... ur-closing

No it hasn't gone bust and has released the sig guitar I said. As a quick Google would of course reveal.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:22 am I'd buy Rabea's sig Chapman even though I am not really a fan of his band-work (I am a huge fan of his guitar ability though, awesomely talented player).
indeed, hes a beast! and considering he only has a few years or so on guitar :o

like yourself, not my thing musically, but hes got the skills and actually seems like a likable guy. god knows how he puts up with rob.

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:41 pm
revvy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:22 am I'd buy Rabea's sig Chapman even though I am not really a fan of his band-work (I am a huge fan of his guitar ability though, awesomely talented player).

like yourself, not my thing musically, but hes got the skills and actually seems like a likable guy. god knows how he puts up with rob.
Yeah, I'm not even a (6-string) guitarist but I enjoy watching Bea's vids, 'Sound like...' on Anderton's are great.

If I ever get 'good enough' on bass, I'll treat myself to buying and learning the guitar. A Chapman Bea or a nice LP, mmmmm.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Ibanez CMM1 is an amazing guitar. Had it for a long time before realizing who the hell Chris Miller is. I wasnt all that impressed. It didn't change the fact that I loved the hell out of that axe. I regret selling it. :(

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Saw Toska live, thought they were really good. Held their own at a festival with other heavy, atmospheric and technical bands.

im sure they did, they are very good at what they do, no denying it.
im just not personally in to that style, im more the other end, sludge/doom/early death metal.
not knocking it, cant expect to love everything.
but i can appreciate the skills :tu:

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

A-E-H would describe this as lame? lol whatever.
No, it's not that. It's that Dimebag's guitars are just so out there and distinctly his guitar, and Pantera (and Dimebag) are huge and iconic... To me, it's like someone else playing a Prince guitar, certain guitars and just too "signature" to be played by anyone else... If that makes sense. :hihi:

I don't know St. Vincent's music, but her signature guitar looks extremely cool. Jack White played one.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

an-electric-heart wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:08 am

A-E-H would describe this as lame? lol whatever.
No, it's not that. It's that Dimebag's guitars are just so out there and distinctly his guitar, and Pantera (and Dimebag) are huge and iconic... To me, it's like someone else playing a Prince guitar, certain guitars and just too "signature" to be played by anyone else... If that makes sense. :hihi:
It does.

Subtle ones like the Rabea or a Nolly bass by Dingwall I'd totally buy.

replicant X wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:28 am Les Paul is a signature model.
Les Paul Jr. may be not.

The reason why it took so long to get the Les Paul into production was Les Paul. He designed none of it and none of his minor contributions made it into the final production. He originally wanted a maple back and mahogany top. He wanted a mastro tailpiece instead of a Bigsby or standard tailpiece. The reason why it said Les Paul on the headstock is because the Forman didn't want Gibson associated with the guitar.

He hated the Junior. The SG was originally going to be called Les Paul Special Guitar. Les Paul hated the design so much he told them to pull his name off of it.

Gibson couldn't sell LP's Not because of Les Paul but because they were too dam expensive and no one was buying. Gibson was pissed at major artists for with 50's LP's because they didn't want to bring LP's back. They were even more pissed when gibson brought back the original and major artists still played 50's as opposed to 70's. But atleast they were making a profit on LP's in the 70's if however slight. Many named artists were actually playing copies of Les Paul's. Like Neal Schon's Aria Pro II
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

I really like my Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster, but I'm not really a fan of his band, Dinosaur Jr.

transmisser wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:35 pm I really like my Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster, but I'm not really a fan of his band, Dinosaur Jr.
:o

Return to “Guitars”