What synth is better?

Sonic Sounds - ANA 2
75%
VAST Dynamics - VAPORIZER2
25%

Total votes: 36

RELATED
PRODUCTS

What synth do you think is better? Sonic Sounds: ANA 2 or VAST Dynamics: VAPORIZER2? Both are around the same price right now. What do you think?

Fantasy synth league

Well my vote goes for ana 2. It has the best of all. 3 vi oscillators that can also do wavetable and import serum ones too, then 3 sample oscillators, dual series/parallel filters and a unique g envelope along with the chord arpeggio and sequencer. All this with a superb sound quality and a complete course for free all for that one low price

For me it would be Ana2.
1. Vaporizer is veeeery slow to open up. Ana2 opens almost instantly.
2. I prefer the workflow of Ana2 (but then again, someone might prefer Vaporizer's workflow so better just demo + try both of them).
3. With Ana you can have 3 sample oscs (in Vaporizer only 1 if I'm not mistaken). But in Vaporizer 4 vi Oscs and Ana has 3.
4. Both have nice sounds, but I prefer Ana2's factory sounds. They have this "rich" feeling in them out of the box. But then again, this is totally personal preferences.

Here is a cool tutorial demonstrating what you can do with Ana2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFpZAGDJiRY

Does your price for ANA 2 show $49.00 or $60.51?

I use a web script blocker and when I enable scripts for the page, the price jumps.

Not a good feeling about that.

rj0 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:40 pm Does your price for ANA 2 show $49.00 or $60.51?

I use a web script blocker and when I enable scripts for the page, the price jumps.

I think 49 is in GBP and 60.51 in USD.

For ANA2 ... After Registering you get a 10% off coupon on top of the sale for 49 GBP to 45, plus you can get credits on the site for points to knock it down to 42... So... I just bought it lol. That's totally worth it. Thanks for this thread!

Can always buy V2 another time, but this sale is sexy.
Last edited by AfriendofZ on Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vaporizer 2 has incredible Wavetable abilities but has a rather strange interface that feels like it was developed using a Web Browser. I am not sure that the developers who created Vaporizer 2 fully understand how a Supersaw should really sound?, not when other developers have completely nailed it. Awful Supersaw that needs much work to compete against the competition.
ANA2 has nailed the Supersaw but has no support for Wavetable editing. In that regard it is completely useless but has many features that I think makes it an interesting and worthy Synth.

mdstudio wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:26 am
rj0 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:40 pm Does your price for ANA 2 show $49.00 or $60.51?

I think 49 is in GBP and 60.51 in USD.
I suspect you're right, although the price shows just 49.00, and the preferred currency icon shows $US selected.

Anyway, not interested in joining Sonic Academy for this (and you can't seem to proceed further without doing so), so I think I'm just going to pass on this for now. Maybe in the future.

Marco Leronso wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:09 am Vaporizer 2 has incredible Wavetable abilities but has a rather strange interface that feels like it was developed using a Web Browser. I am not sure that the developers who created Vaporizer 2 fully understand how a Supersaw should really sound?, not when other developers have completely nailed it. Awful Supersaw that needs much work to compete against the competition.
ANA2 has nailed the Supersaw but has no support for Wavetable editing. In that regard it is completely useless but has many features that I think makes it an interesting and worthy Synth.
1) ANA's Sonic Academy have a separate nice (and pretty inexpensive) WT editor which works for many synths.
2) WT editing is slightly overrated (or, to put it another way, efforts of WT editing are underestimated in case if one aims for decent result)
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Dencheg wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:46 am 1) ANA's Sonic Academy have a separate nice (and pretty inexpensive) WT editor which works for many synths.
NODE is not a fully fledged wavetable editor, given that it has only 8 slots to work with. It's designed for a specific method of constructing tables, which I would describe as "vector-guided morphing". Which is kind of interesting, but a quite limited scope otherwise. It's actually the only thing that Vaporizer's editor cannot do, so I consider it more a complement rather than a replacement.
Dencheg wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:46 am 2) WT editing is slightly overrated (or, to put it another way, efforts of WT editing are underestimated in case if one aims for decent result)
Underestimated by who? Sound design is never "easy". I would assume though that, if you want to make your own sounds in a wavetable-oriented synth, you will want to make your own wavetables at some point.

It might or might not be relevant for what you're doing, but I find Vaporizer's wavetable editor to be the best (both in terms of features and workflow) in the market - comparing it to Serum, PhasePlant, Icarus, and Dune.

Does Dune offer wave editing option? I thought you can use only the waves coming with Dune?

Ana2 would be almost too perfect if it offered wave edition like Serum :D

Tannaliini wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:05 am Does Dune offer wave editing option?
Dune 3 has a wavetable editor indeed. It's actually quite good, including formula-based cycle generation like in Serum. Moreover, it's the only (built-in) editor I know where you can actually zoom in to the level of individual sample points.

I find the overall workflow a bit limited though, e.g. you can't drag and drop single cycles into the editor, and moving around cycles is a fairly tedious copy/paste process. It also doesn't offer manipulation functions like bit reduction, PWM, hard sync, or convolution.

I'm looking into Vast Vaporizer now. I have Dune 3 and have looked at Serum and Phaseplant. I do have ANA but never used its sample feature. Phaseplant has that feature of user-sample import and stacking, along with the feature of 'wave mod of another wave', on steroids - and although its priced out of my budget right now to buy it outright - and it makes me a bit nervous to invest time learning something that I may not own for years - or have access to my songs I've done with it). All these synths are different - I would be unable to say one is better. They all have advantages. I haven't gotten my head around Vaporizer but I actually like the interface. I think the dev has done an excellent job on that. And the synth has some pretty decent lead presets. But many of the Pad presets are producing no sound for me for some reason. Has anyone noticed this. I really want to purchase the synth, but a big part of what I do is ambient. I am downloading che's sample bank now to see if there are some examples of Pad's I can get behind.

Return to “Instruments”