You're the Woman of my Dreams - Gabriel West (Pop Ballad)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/user-926227779/y ... -west-beta

After experimenting with triplet rhythms on beat 4, some new ideas came into my mind...
the result was this Love Song :love: (composed by me in Podium a couple of days ago)..
Any feedback is very much appreciated!!! 😉

😎Instruments used:
Clavinova Pan Flute (HQ Orchestral Soundfontbank) +Ambience Reverb (Vocals)
Roland JX-8P Strings +Ambience Reverb /1st Preset)
Fingered Bass (NTonyx Soundfontbank)
Keyzone Classic Piano
DVS Saxophone
Reverse Cymbal (HQ 32-bit Wave Sample)
Acoustic Drums (HQ Wave Samples by AVL)
which I've modeled as an advanced 2 bar Pop Drum rhythm, including Triplet rhythms on each first fourth beat of the 2 bar groove pattern.

🧐 Songform of this 'beta' song:
Intro (Possibly it doesn't fit so well yet not sure),
2 verses,
2x pre chorus,
2x chorus

(Bridge & Outro still missing)

Definitely, I have to vary the chorus a bit more, (maybe a violin section that simlates some background vocals acting as a counterpoint would make sense there as well) what do you guys think?

https://soundcloud.com/user-926227779
Last edited by Gabriel_West on Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pleasant enough. Mix is okay if a little dull. Kind of just sits there. But at least it's not obnoxious. The flute could be louder. Melody is hard to pick out at times. Arrangement could use a little more variation. Doesn't seem to go anywhere from its beginnings. Ending seems out of place as does intro.

There is a lot of potential here. Just needs some work, mostly in the arrangement area. Mix is passable if not great.

:tu: Thx wagtunes for your tips, feedback & also for your constructive criticism, which can only be helpful here.

Completely agree with you, that the song needs some more variation, (will work on it surely) as well as, that the intro doesn't fit yet. (The ending btw doesn't exist yet, still have to compose a bridge & outro part, which is, why you hear the unfinished 'drums only part' in the end)...unfortunately, I couldn't take note of the fact, that the Pan flute is hard to pick out on high-end, repectively, normal Soundcard/speaker equipement, .. with my cheap 30 Euro soundcard + cheap Creative T10 Inspire speakers, apparently, the flute didn't seem too quite. (Another reason for me to purchase a better equipement asap) Thx a lot for letting me know that fact as well, wagtunes, alone your valuable feedback, made it worth enough, to poste my new 'beta'-lovesong here. cheers 8)

Gabriel_West wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:11 pm :tu: Thx wagtunes for your tips, feedback & also for your constructive criticism, which can only be helpful here.

Completely agree with you, that the song needs some more variation, (will work on it surely) as well as, that the intro doesn't fit yet. (The ending btw doesn't exist yet, still have to compose a bridge & outro part, which is, why you hear the unfinished 'drums only part' in the end)...unfortunately, I couldn't take note of the fact, that the Pan flute is hard to pick out on high-end, repectively, normal Soundcard/speaker equipement, .. with my cheap 30 Euro soundcard + cheap Creative T10 Inspire speakers, apparently, the flute didn't seem too quite. (Another reason for me to purchase a better equipement asap) Thx a lot for letting me know that fact as well, wagtunes, alone your valuable feedback, made it worth enough, to poste my new 'beta'-lovesong here. cheers 8)
Happy to help.

listened to first track....
nice, i'm a sucker for drum diversity, so this kept me in it.
i dont enjoy overly loud recordings, but this one
was a little too quiet, i had to crank my volume up
almost all the way to get a good listen.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Enjoyed it well enough.

Need to rise your instruments in slowly and give a few bars of rest between chorus verse.
Also a little more embelishment/flourishes at the end of sections with some slight variation to the melody when repeated. Still I got three good listens through which is two more than I usually give when listening to something new.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Very pleasant to listen to.
However, slightly cheesy. Throw in some 7ths, 9ths, etc, different bass color notes.
Enjoyable listen though. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”