N.I. Analog Dreams

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Absolutely worth it especially because its free!
I really like there synths series take came with komplete 12 of Analog Dreams, Hybrid Keys, and Ethereal Earth.

leo007 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:27 pm Absolutely worth it especially because its free!
I really like there synths series take came with komplete 12 of Analog Dreams, Hybrid Keys, and Ethereal Earth.
Agree. :tu: Excellent quality instruments. Hybrid Keys is my favourite of the three.

Analog Dreams is not about the authentic reproduction of a vintage analogue synth but the easiness of layering sounds (samples from the analogue domain) and coming up with more interesting textures than a sawtooth pad. Although I like to go deep when programming synths I can appreciate this approach. It adds raises the chances for happy accidents in terms of OSC waveforms / textures, not so much in terms of modulation madness.

Great sounding.

What do you guys recommend as a step up for more tweaking but still in the 80's vein?

nm
Last edited by jancivil on Wed May 27, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sagsag wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:26 pm What do you guys recommend as a step up for more tweaking but still in the 80's vein?
UVI Vintage Vault uses many samples of original vintage equipment like synths and samplers and offers easier access to more parameters but it is too expensive for my taste. I would rather go for software synthesizers and samplers like Re-Pro, Diva, The Legend, TAL-Sampler and have full control over parameters.

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:19 am That's how it is with sampled instruments...

Sort of like a set menu in a restaurant...

If you want to eat a la carte,you are much better off with soft synths :)
Let´s better say "If you want to eat "Mamas Pasta" á la Carte you´re better off with a VST".

But let´s be true - NI is definitely working on an other Level. Listen closely. That´s the only Thing I frequently do with it ... but if I´d still make MUKE I surely would. There are great Starting Points.

Question: Can you look insides the Sample-Structure with a full License? How many Samples do they use for one Layer? And are there Differences between Front- and Backend concerning the Layers?
Last edited by GRUMP on Wed May 27, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sagsag wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:26 pm What do you guys recommend as a step up for more tweaking but still in the 80's vein?
Check out some EQs, Channel Strips and maybe also certain Reverb Plugins ;-)

the (free) upgrade to V2 is pretty amazing !

Thank you :)

The new updates to Play Series instruments are exactly what I was hoping for, and I had even requested the same some time ago on a YouTube video by NI. This and Electric Sunburst Deluxe are special for me since I (among others) requested for both and got them.

Excellent stuff. :tu:

muki wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:51 pm yes, now it's available :-)
installing...
6 months later....
still installing........ :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Wow analog dreams actually became usable. Thank you Native Instruments

Indeed, it's another level now. Plenty of possibilities to alter the sound.

Like it.

- Mario

Return to “Instruments”