Waves 28 year sale.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:45 am You guys should be happy that their plugins are affordable. Not angry.

I'm sure they'll make you a consistently high price when you ask them to. :lol:
Who the f**k is angry? Its just stupid to keep calling it a sale when its been going on forever with pretty much the exact same pricing. Is it really a sale if you never stop the sale and never charge "full" price? Why not just change the pricing and stop with the stupid pricing stuff? Valhalla seems to do just fine without this nonsense. Waves could as well.

rollasoc wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:00 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:45 am You guys should be happy that their plugins are affordable. Not angry.
I don't hink anyone is angry at the sale (they might be about WUP), I was just taking the mick, since this sale has been going on for a long time, they just keep changing the name every few weeks.

I'm not convinced they are even following the UK guidelines as to what a sale is allowed to be. Things frowned upon.

When was the last time a waves product was sold at full price?
Whereas I frankly find it silly to call the WUP a “scam”, because it very clearly isn’t (software maintenance fees are rather normal in other businesses, and Waves even state “you don’t have to, if you don’t want”), this is the aspect of their business that I am actually also skeptical about, concerning the legality of the permanent sales and those factually artificially inflated original prices. But I don’t know enough about the legal side of it.

I have always been one of the biggest critics of waves software protection plans. they are bloated and invasive, but the new manager has been cleaned up pretty nicely and is hands and feet better then the old one. I still have waves on my machine, probably always will. my biggest complaint rn is that i can only authorize on 1 machine.

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:32 pm I have always been one of the biggest critics of waves software protection plans. they are bloated and invasive, but the new manager has been cleaned up pretty nicely and is hands and feet better then the old one. I still have waves on my machine, probably always will. my biggest complaint rn is that i can only authorize on 1 machine.
For me, too. However, you can authorize on a stick. But then, I am neither a fan of dongles.

Just had a waves Black Friday sneak peek sale email...🤣

rezoneight wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:05 pm Who the f**k is angry?
Yeah, exactly. Who's so angry that he needs to start swearing at others? :lol:

rollasoc wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:00 pm I'm not convinced they are even following the UK guidelines as to what a sale is allowed to be.
Well, they're a Israel based business.

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:40 pm
rezoneight wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:05 pm Who the f**k is angry?
Yeah, exactly. Who's so angry that he needs to start swearing at others? :lol:
Dude I drop f bombs all day long so no, I'm not angry.

Ok, angry man. :P

Return to “Effects”