Sequential announce Prophet 5 Rev 4 and Prophet 10

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Prophet5 - Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful machine! :love:

I wish somebody would make a Prophet 10 vst just for the fun of it!

looks very expensive...

and fantastic....

features wise, it's a shame it hasn't been updated... I mean stuff like KT 0/50/100, c'mon, it's 2020....

i guess if you're looking for a new equivalent of a classic it's OK...

$3500 for the Prophet 5 and $4300 for the Prophet 10..
But this is some hardware I would buy ;)

Amazing!

At least added velocity and aftertouch. :)

Yes. the hardware becomes near as good as the software :hyper:

For that price I'd be looking for PolyAT. Still.... Congrats to sequential. I hope he wasn't serious about "bookending". Could Sequential continue after he retires?

Erisian wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:13 pm Prophet5 - Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful machine! :love:

Well, Repro-5 goes up to 8 voices so that's close enough, unless you also want to emulate the overheating and stability problems :wink:

AdvancedFollower wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:36 pm
Erisian wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:13 pm Prophet5 - Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful machine! :love:

Well, Repro-5 goes up to 8 voices so that's close enough, unless you also want to emulate the overheating and stability problems :wink:
Oh, I can live with that, I just want a beautiful sounding, double-keyboard synth - just to be different. :hihi:

Super cool, fortunately I am not super interested in owning one, or at least in buying one.
*currently anyway...

Visited a studio in the 80's which had a P5 warmed up and nice, and what I heard then stayed with me into this millenium when I got my first Nordlead, which attracted me since I read that 40 factory presets from P5 were implemented(stored among the performances parts).

The sound did not resemble what I heard back then of course, but still tells a story how much inspiration P5 have been for synth makers. Reference almost, or one of them beside Jupiter 8 etc. But did not read any synths that said to have J8 factory presets(but Roland digital domain stuff then like System-8 and Jupiter X/Xm).

But being in the retro spirit, had a go at picking presets from D50 into D05 last weekend, went through at least 12x64 presets and picking ones that I felt was unique. All picked from cultofd50.org once, but not there anymore I think. So will continue going through what was there.

A P5 would be lovely, I'm sure, but not so sure it will visit new territory today. My mind is still set on PolyBrute, the urge to explore will last longer I think.

if only Repro-5 could get any better, we need that SSI 2140 switch to enable Rev1 and Rev2, and the #4 Rev aka Vintage knob.

Done deal. Urs has already ordered one and can't wait to get on with it.
Last edited by Ray Leece on Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”