VI Drums with Virtual Drummer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are there any VI Drum plugins that can scan a song and put a beat to it, or suggest loops that fit?

The closest thing I've seen to this is in EZ Drummer 2.. you can tap out a beat and it gives you a list of similar loops.

I want to do some kind of hybrid style rhythm section, so it doesn't really matter if the plugins caters to acoustic or electronic kits.. I already have lots of samples I can use if I don't like the stock stuff.

Thanks.

Only thing that comes to my mind is Jamstix. It has a "jam" mode for midi or audio that produces exactly this in different styles, you can drag and drop the generated midi and use it further.

Alex_Longard wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:46 pm https://www.robpapen.com/Punch2.html
In what way does Punch 2 have virtual drumming? I downloaded the demo and skimmed the manual but found nothing.

tatanka wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:37 pm Only thing that comes to my mind is Jamstix. It has a "jam" mode for midi or audio that produces exactly this in different styles, you can drag and drop the generated midi and use it further.
Cool, so there is something that does this. The demo isn't available, but I found one video on youtube that shows someone messing with the virtual drummer. Seemed kinda unimpressive from that video, but it's hard to tell.

There should be a free demoversion you can just download and install. No big limitations, more then enough to try out if its your thing.

tatanka wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:49 am There should be a free demoversion you can just download and install. No big limitations, more then enough to try out if its your thing.
I tried grabbing it off their website and it said it's not available until a beta version is completed.

Return to “Instruments”