Tone2: Sound Bundles sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got this in an email. Up to 80%~ off on their plugins sound bundles

Their sales are always lame as sh**.

I'm sure their new Firebird 3 (or whatever) synth will be 99 € at least as well, even though Markus said it will be 59 € "99 % sure".

Sorry for the rant. Can't help but think of greed every time I see their prices and way of running their business. Their synths are too expensive, they have no resale value at all (you have to sell them very expensively, because there's a 25 € license transfer fee... for 1 minute of paperwork, so they don't sell at all, unless you literally give them away).

I really wonder why they don't do it like everyone else, do a 50% off sale 3 or 4 times a year, to get things going again. I really can't imagine that someone would buy Gladiator 3 now. How many sales does he have for that? One or two in half a year?

As much as these guys know from coding, they really don't know how to run a business properly.

I was looking at some of the prices and thinking they'd want to throw in the synth with the ''sounds'' to get me interested.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:31 pm Their sales are always lame as sh**.

I'm sure their new Firebird 3 (or whatever) synth will be 99 € at least as well, even though Markus said it will be 59 € "99 % sure".
I can't see how a Synth like Firebird could command much more than €59 not in today's market.
It will be interesting to see the final price.
Their synths are too expensive.
This is true, at one point I wanted Icarus2 and waited for a sale which didn't happen in time and eventually opted for Dune3.
I think I would have been happy with Icarus2 though.

Tone2 have been in business a long time, so they must be selling enough units regardless how we perceive things.

To prevent speculation and missinformation:

- There will be no FireBird3. This has also been never annouced
- It was not possible to do a 64 bit or Mac version of FireBird because it still uses VST 2.3. I tried it but did not succed, because it was not stable

- The name of the new product is still unknown
- The new product will be quite different
- The new product will contain FireBird patches, which have already been ported
- The new product will contain many new patches which make use of the new features
- For technical reasons the new product is not compatible with FireBird (VST3.6 is simply to different)
- The new product will sell for €59 and contain over 1000 patches
- The new product will contain many new features
- The new product will have a drastically better sound
- There will be a demo version
- Most likely there will be no copy-protection

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:32 pm To prevent speculation and missinformation:

- There will be no FireBird3. This has also been never annouced
- It was not possible to do a 64 bit or Mac version of FireBird because it still uses VST 2.3. I tried it but did not succed, because it was not stable

- The name of the new product is still unknown
- The new product will be quite different
- The new product will contain FireBird patches, which have already been ported
- The new product will contain many new patches which make use of the new features
- For technical reasons the new product is not compatible with FireBird (VST3.6 is simply to different)
- The new product will sell for €59 and contain over 1000 patches
- The new product will contain many new features
- The new product will have a drastically better sound
- There will be a demo version
- Most likely there will be no copy-protection
Markus, will there be a Mac version?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Yes. I plan to support Intel 64bit and Silicon.

No copy protection?

The product will sell for only €59. That's why we must keep the costs for support as low as possible.
We'll see how well this works in practise...

Their sales are always lame as sh**. I really wonder why they don't do it like everyone else, do a 50% off sale
Please note: 83% off is much more than 50% off.

Example:
Electra2 Sounds bundle (83% discount)
Expansion + 19 soundsets (4240 sounds)
The price for the bundle is $199 instead of $990
https://www.tone2.com/overview_el.html

Further refercences:
https://www.tone2.com/shop.html

I think the preset, sounds, expansions are crazy expensive. Interested in your new release though.

Hello Aloysius,

Thanks you for your feedback. We will discuss if we can release soundsets/expansions with a smaller number of patches/wavetables/waveforms and a lower price. So far most sets contain over 200 sounds. Maybe we should stick with 100 or 128 patches

Markus

Sounds great! Thank you. :)

My theory/history could be wrong.
Didn't Tone2/Markus come out of the refx camp?
Maybe his expansion pricing methodology was born then?

rsp
sound sculptist

I did develop the audio-algorithms for Vanguard, Slayer, PlastiCZ and Junox. I received payments for my audio-engines. But i am not involved into Nexus or any soundset sold by refx or Vengeance

Return to “Instruments”