All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^ I tried a few out when I was building pedals, though I mainly concentrated on using opamps. I still have them, and more, in storage as I’ve had to put building on hold. We’ve discussed the opamp stuff here

viewtopic.php?t=327168
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

I just went through that old thread and the last posts were about building a Fuzz Face. Old is new again (again) :ud: :hihi:

That's great! It looks like I withdrew from that thread and missed all the good stuff that come up in the last two pages! I've now stuck to only upgrading with 5532's or 2134's, not because they sound the best (they don't, at least not always) but because they consistently work without issues.

How come you're not building a fuzz yourself? Fuzz Faces are so basic, you can just wire them point-to-point.

^Yeah, I’m heading in that direction. The mini format intrigued me so I’m wondering just how much strip board I can fit in one. I’ve packed most of my kit up (components, cases, pillar drill, etc) but still have my trusty bench soldering iron. Also just bought some 4% silver lead free solder to test out.

Also, TBH, I’ve forgot a lot of stuff so need to go back to my Transistor Circuit Techniques: Discrete and Integrated and Art of Electronics. They’ve had way more use since I left Uni.

I liked the Fuse Audio Labs version so much that I ended up buying the real thing...

Does anyone recall any good MERIS pedal discounts last year during Black Friday? Either at the Meris site or other retailers? I want to get a couple, would love to drop that $300 down to $250 or less. :)

Update. Apparently not. Did some reading. They don't really allow discounts. :(
SW: Bitwig Studio 3, Studio One 5, Reason 11, Komplete 12
HW: Minilogue XD, TR-8S, 0-Coast, Bassline, Digitone, Digitakt, Jazzmaster
Pedals: Zen Delay, Black Hole Symmetry, Ottobit, Shigeharu, Tremotron, Dweller, Oblivion, Julianna, Rooms, Microcosm

m43lstr0m wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:42 am Does anyone recall any good MERIS pedal discounts last year during Black Friday? Either at the Meris site or other retailers? I want to get a couple, would love to drop that $300 down to $250 or less. :)

they are damn good pedals though and built like tanks.
i have the ottobit junior, but want to get the reverb at some piunt too

m43lstr0m wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:42 am Does anyone recall any good MERIS pedal discounts last year during Black Friday? Either at the Meris site or other retailers? I want to get a couple, would love to drop that $300 down to $250 or less. :)

Keep an eye open, I've seen discounts occasionally (European shops).

What do think of the way i have wired this. I have a behringer digital multi fx first. A behringer digital reverb 2nd third in the chain is an Alesis Quadraverb. 4th is a Korg Kaoss pad. 5th to round it all off an EBS Valve drive. Which way would you have it?

Harley Benton announces three new guitar effects pedal power supplies.
https://www.musicradar.com/news/harley- ... r-supplies
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:57 pm Harley Benton announces three new guitar effects pedal power supplies.
https://www.musicradar.com/news/harley- ... r-supplies
ffs don't tell cpt :o

boombaxx wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:57 pm What do think of the way i have wired this. I have a behringer digital multi fx first. A behringer digital reverb 2nd third in the chain is an Alesis Quadraverb. 4th is a Korg Kaoss pad. 5th to round it all off an EBS Valve drive. Which way would you have it?
Reverbs last, drive second or try it first.

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:58 pm ffs don't tell cpt :o
:hihi:

boombaxx wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:57 pm What do think of the way i have wired this. I have a behringer digital multi fx first. A behringer digital reverb 2nd third in the chain is an Alesis Quadraverb. 4th is a Korg Kaoss pad. 5th to round it all off an EBS Valve drive. Which way would you have it?
depends which kaoss pad?
although, all of them do sinilar things. which might lead me to have that up front, sometimes.

but as with my current pedals and any fx, it depends on my mood and what "this sound" needs.

eg, sometimes, i want a dirty guitar, going in to a clean reverb.
other times, i like the reverb to come in front of the distortion.
there is no one way, or youll never find anything new 8)

Valve Drive -> Kaoss Pad -> Multi FX -> Quadraverb -> reverb

Also, keep in mind that each device is potentially harming the signal. If you find that something is redundant or not particularly useful, think about eliminating it. I personally would eliminate the Behringer multi fx and reverb since the Quadraverb does both.

btw, which Behringer reverb is it? One of them is supposed to be very good, even better than the Quadraverb.

Return to “Guitars”